Thought about removing your silencer?

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
DON'T!

I thought this would be a cheap solution to getting some noise from the car (David will vouch how SILENT the car was)

It's now ear peircingly deafening.. to the point I can no longer reach VTEC without fear of damaging pedestrians hearing.

Click imagine to play.

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
The video doesn't do the noise justice, and that may have only been 5-6k max.

Definitely going to have to get some kind of bung in there now.

On the plus side, when I did hit VTEC it definitely felt a bit harder.

leejw87

Spoon Whore
Peoples tollerence of noise must be different, im running a custom 3" 70RR Style system with one small centre silencer & i still dont think its loud enough ;)

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
leejw87 said:
Peoples tollerence of noise must be different, im running a custom 3" 70RR Style system with one small centre silencer & i still dont think its loud enough ;)
Agreed. ^^ , but that sounds fine mate. Videos never do, but I can tell you have never experienced a Buddyclub spec 2, or a J's 70rr or the like before??

You wanted more noise from your exhaust so,...ask and you will recieve brother haha :xgrin:

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
Oh I've definitely received more noise lol I hit don't like how ear piercing it sounds from 5k+.. I can deal with loud just not ear piercing.

Ill get a fly-by vid for you's to compare

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Ezza

Advanced Member
I had a full spoon catback system and had no issues with the loudness. Thought it was superb especially in VTEC :D

Alexander0628

Advanced Member
Yeah I agree that's not too loud, sounds about right :), I thought my teg was loud when I first got her, but tbh it's grown on me and now I think it's just right. Give it time. Dont forget also depends on where you make the noise, in the video it's a confined built up area.

Erm

Advanced Member
Sounds good to me lol... mine is very quiet as its a daily driver and would be a bit difficult to have that loud all the time but I wouldn't mind having mine sounding like that for a week or so just for a laugh

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
Sounds good to me lol... mine is very quiet as its a daily driver and would be a bit difficult to have that loud all the time but I wouldn't mind having mine sounding like that for a week or so just for a laugh

thats my other issue.. It IS my daily :p and I start work 06:30.. Oops

leejw87

Spoon Whore
Jimmer said:
Agreed. ^^ , but that sounds fine mate. Videos never do, but I can tell you have never experienced a Buddyclub spec 2, or a J's 70rr or the like before??
tried to link a vid of my custom setup but cant get it to work? Its probably louder than the 70RR as its 3" and has a Supercharger pushing through more air, everytime i go to passed a friend at full chat they do there windows up as they said it physically hurts theres ears on the way by ;)

Erm

Advanced Member
LiamGTR said:
thats my other issue.. It IS my daily :p and I start work 06:30.. Oops

LOL! If its gonna do your head in then keep it nice and quiet....

bet your neighbours loved you this morning!

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
leejw87 said:
Who did the system for you, was it Solid Fabrications?

Take it it's based on the J's Racing one yes? What does the 70RR mean exactly, can anyone confirm?

G Man

Advanced Member
You removed a silencer from your exhaust system and are now complaining its too loud? lol

As above, sounds fine to me. Unless you hammer it out your street at 6.30am I'm sure the neighbours won't complain.

leejw87

Spoon Whore
Crazylegs said:
Who did the system for you, was it Solid Fabrications?

Take it it's based on the J's Racing one yes? What does the 70RR mean exactly, can anyone confirm?
Yeah alan from solid fab did it for me, his work is really good, pretty sure 70RR means 70mm tubing not sure what the RR means though :/

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
leejw87 said:
tried to link a vid of my custom setup but cant get it to work? Its probably louder than the 70RR as its 3" and has a Supercharger pushing through more air, everytime i go to passed a friend at full chat they do there windows up as they said it physically hurts theres ears on the way by ;)
Think I heard you giving it some at the first Japfest. I distinctly remember having my organs crushed and struggling to breath for a moment as I walked behind. haha

leejw87

Spoon Whore
Jimmer said:
Think I heard you giving it some at the first Japfest. I distinctly remember having my organs crushed and struggling to breath for a moment as I walked behind. haha
Yeah that was my friend phil, i felt slightly embarrased about doing it myself lol

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
leejw87 said:
Yeah alan from solid fab did it for me, his work is really good, pretty sure 70RR means 70mm tubing not sure what the RR means though :/
Cool. I'll be getting a system from him done at some point, wouldn't mind a similar one to yours - a 3" J's Racing replica that type of thing. How much was it if you don't mind me asking?

You got any clips?