Thread Colour

Crackfox

Advanced Member
It's a long shot, but does anyone know the colour of the red stitching? Yes, I know red! There are a lot of them though. Also thickness seems to be a thing? I've scoured the internet but it seems Type R owners aren't historically seamstresses.

Just FYI, I am fully blaming wocka for this dilemma as he has planted a seed in my head I cant seem to shift.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Crackfox said:
It's a long shot, but does anyone know the colour of the red stitching? Yes, I know red! There are a lot of them though. Also thickness seems to be a thing? I've scoured the internet but it seems Type R owners aren't historically seamstresses.

Just FYI, I am fully blaming wocka for this dilemma as he has planted a seed in my head I cant seem to shift.
I tried to get colour match before and never managed mate (which is why I had black tailored mats made as the red wasn‘t good enough (trying to keep my oem mats out of use in storage) lol.

I‘ll see if I have the document still with all colours I managed to try and find as I was trying to get it but the issue is it was a recaro specific colour from memory

Crackfox

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
I tried to get colour match before and never managed mate (which is why I had black tailored mats made as the red wasn‘t good enough (trying to keep my oem mats out of use in storage) lol.

I‘ll see if I have the document still with all colours I managed to try and find as I was trying to get it but the issue is it was a recaro specific colour from memory
That would be good if you have it. I found a Honda part number, but I cant find any of it in the UK. I'm close to starting to buy random reels to try at the min, If it was open I'd take a sample down to the market and chat to them, aas there is a sewing type stall there.

-Stu-

I've not used them but I was advised to speak with Hamilton Classic when I was looking for an extra set of mats for best 🙂. They have made replica mats for other Honda's (not sure on DC5) and may have the colour or be able to source.