THROTTLE BODY QUESTION

SOLO-ITR2007

Advanced Member
Would installing a larger aftermarket throttle body to our K20A motors with basic bolt-ons, make any noticeable gains? And with that said what is a good size to go with? Thanks.

JT3173

Advanced Member
Doubt it would be noticable but with a RBC it sure would and mapped to the KPRO, defo!! Look at the results people have had on here with them.

SOLO-ITR2007

Advanced Member
Yeah sorry to put that. I did mean basic bolt-ons including the RBC and a nice tune with KPRO.

Now what size is good before you start going to big for a setup like that?

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
From what I have read on here from people who have gone with larger aftermarket TB's they reported no performance gains (even combined with the RBC)

celox performance

Advanced Member
BadBadtz said:
From what I have read on here from people who have gone with larger aftermarket TB's they reported no performance gains (even combined with the RBC)
I've got the J's throttle body and got a gain of 2bhp with it using an RBC. It cost me £280 plus around £140ish to get it mapped again, so not a great gain for the money. It's not worth doing to be honest IMO

celox performance

Advanced Member
celox performance said:
BadBadtz said:
I've got the J's throttle body and got a gain of 2bhp with it using an RBC. It cost me £280 plus around £140ish to get it mapped again, so not a great gain for the money. It's not worth doing to be honest IMO

ollie-dc5

Advanced Member
SOLO-ITR2007 said:
what about a throttle body spacer? Do those do anything for our engines?
Not quite sure what you mean by this?? Do you mean the spacer/adaptor to connect the RBC to stock K20a throttle body? If so, it won't give any gains. If the bore of the spacer is larger than the throttle body then it would probably have the opposite effect, creating a void and effecting the airflow. I think an uprated throttle body has more effect on throttle response rather than top end bhp.

SOLO-ITR2007 said:
Would installing a larger aftermarket throttle body to our K20A motors with basic bolt-ons, make any noticeable gains? And with that said what is a good size to go with? Thanks.
Solo,
If you buy an RBC and a larger TB but dont modify the RBC you will not get much if any BHP,but if you buy it off a tuner who can modify it then you may see 10bhp-15bhp gains depending on the tuner and other mods, we supply fully modded RBCs and BCUK 70mm Billet Alloy throttle body,Our TB takes all the standard Honda cable cam and TPS switch. We used this exact set up on our UK Time Attack car last season and had no problem with it and it produced enough flow for a tested 275BHP on our engine.But more importantly it produced 218 ft/lb of arm stretching torque...
Dont hesitate to call for a chat and more advice on 01772 299820,
Regards,
Paul,
BuddyclubUK.

No Problem,

send us your car with std set up and we will do it for you and give you the graph,

'Oh' dont forget the money honey :)
regards,
Paul,

Dc5Dub07

Advanced Member
DHL won't take my car in the back of there vans! :lol:

So as for the Throttle body, ive an RBC with the standard TB, why would i go for the BC modified TB over a "regular" 70mm one?

I didnt realise there was any REGULAR ones,,I thought they were all aftermarket ones ?

What car do the Regular ones come on?

Paul,

Ok,
I dont know about Regular ones, I only know about ours.

Let your eyes make the decisions, just look at Time Attack for the proof.
Ring me if you want any engine help, 01772 299820,

Goodnight :)
regards,
Paul,

Dc5Dub07 said:
DHL won't take my car in the back of there vans! :lol:

So as for the Throttle body, ive an RBC with the standard TB, why would i go for the BC modified TB over a "regular" 70mm one?
Hey Dub07,

JT (with new BC engine) has just posted 5bhp more than the BC demo car , the only extra mod he has done is a BC 70mm TB.

regards,
Paul,

mikegsi

Staff member
My spoon tb, although tapered, made gains over my dyno before it and rbc was fitted...

Of your gonna go for a throttle body, remember there are a few out there, but you really need the rbc and hondata heatshield gasket to make the best out of it

Staying NA never gives big gains per pound spent, but the satisfaction of proper research makes up for that!

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
the RBC needs to ba machined to make the most of the flow offered by a bigger TB, if it is not there will be a step which will hurt flow.
I have seen an RBC alone make 10hp once remapped (on a car already with Kpro and breathing mods with a before and after dyno runs).
I very much doubt it would make much at all on a std car, you really need to be able to change the fuelling to make the most of it.

C&S Evo7 said:
the RBC needs to ba machined to make the most of the flow offered by a bigger TB, if it is not there will be a step which will hurt flow.
I have seen an RBC alone make 10hp once remapped (on a car already with Kpro and breathing mods with a before and after dyno runs).
I very much doubt it would make much at all on a std car, you really need to be able to change the fuelling to make the most of it.
Agreed Simon,
But a TB on 5 different engines with 5 different ancilliary mods could make over 10bhp.

JTs engine spec was already proven around 270bhp before the TB was fitted.Thats why I said 5bhp, because it was proven (albeit on a different day) :)
we always do FULL mods FOC on our RBC/TB packages. 8)

Paul,