Throttle response

adam.

Advanced Member
I think you'd be hard pressed to improve it drastically! It's already a nice responsive throttle.

I'm guessing a lighter flywheel will help.

Dan34

Advanced Member
Stiffer engine mounts, got 75A ones on mine now and can really be precise with the throttle now.

Kevin85

Advanced Member
I have mount inserts front and rear, it improves the feel but doesn't help the revs rise quicker.

I tried to fit a Clockwise flywheel when the box was out, but it didn't fit. I regret not sourcing another flywheel to be honest, but I don't fancy dropping the box out again when the clutch is still good..

Is the airbox particularly restrictive?

spooke

Advanced Member
Is the difference in flywheel weights that noticeable? 4.6kg (oem) vs 3.6kg (fidanza).

adam.

Advanced Member
The TegM seemed to 'wake' my car up, but I wouldn't say heel and toeing got any easier or quicker.

Kevin85

Advanced Member
I'm not sure, but the Clockwise flywheel weighs 2.8kg, I would imagine it's definitely noticeable.

DC5RS

DC5
adamlstr said:
The TegM seemed to 'wake' my car up, but I wouldn't say heel and toeing got any easier or quicker.
TegM is quite slow on low rpm's, probably the best on high though

spooke

Advanced Member
Engine torque damper made the engine feel more resposnive and louder. But they cause really bad vibration and rattle/buzzing, so not really worthwhile.

Kevin85

Advanced Member
spooke said:
Engine torque damper made the engine feel more resposnive and louder. But they cause really bad vibration and rattle/buzzing, so not really worthwhile.
Disconnect for normal driving then reattach when it's gogo time. I had a solid front mount on my previous car, loved it.