Times please gentlemen

Gary

Advanced Member
What are the estimates for 0-60, 0-100, lbs/ft torque, whp and @fly for a DC5 with the usual sensible mods ie. GruppeM, Spoon 4-2-2-1, Fujitsubo RM01A catback, earthing kit and KPro but the only difference between mine and say John's or Mike's is that it won't initially be RR'ed at SystemR but will instead run one of Paul's recent maps from a DC5 with similar mods only it will probably be tweaked back a little bit to err on the safe side!

At present mine is totally std aside from the GruppeM so what can I expect performance wise (as above) and what will I lose by not having a RR custom map???

Cheers lads :D

mikegsi

Staff member
i would say you should get the custom map, it will be right enough, but could be better, and not just for bhp figures, mine could have gone up to 210-215wbhp, but it wouldnt have run properly as an all round package, and unknown engine damage could be a possibility if its not set up specifically for the car....

or maybe im completely wrong!

Gary

Advanced Member
Paul has put one of his "safe" maps onto my KPro for me to use until I get the chance to go up to Warrington at the minute I'm in South Kent so I couldn't be further away, so I know it'll run ok and if Paul sez it's safe then it's safe I just wondered what I could expect to gain performance wise :?:
What do you reckon your times and power levels are now Mike, cos I reckon that I'll get about 90-95% of that with the map that Paul has set up for me cos like I said he's based this map on the maps that he's been doin for everybody here but just tweaked it back slightly so as to be completely safe cos each engine is slightly different so it wouldn't be wise to try and tune it to the limit without the chance to RR it and check that, as you were sayin, that it runs properly as an overall package :?:

User

Advanced Member
Gary, it's impossible to say, only Paul can tell you how much bhp you'll be short of - he's most likely made the map a bit over-rich to make it safe. When the car gets onto the rollers, he can lean the fuelling off a little and that will bring the extra bhp.

As for 0-60 - no idea. 0-60 talk is for the pub anyway, it's no measure of a car's performance, it's just a measure of standing start traction.

1/4 personally I think @ 200 - 205 atf, these cars should do 13.8/13.9 1/4's with terminals of 100mph - 103mph.

The terminal speed over a 1/4 is a good way of measuring performance - 100mph + is the mark of a damn quick car.

neolee40

Advanced Member
hey Gary 0-60 not sure early 5's? top speed around 170? and for gains it's about 45BHP which is a hell of a lot. You must get these mods man makes a massive difference. And yes well worth the drive up it took me 5 hours to drive to Pauls. And was worth it in the log run ;). Hope all goes well buddy.