Tis the season to get ripped off!! la la

Duckhunter

Ok guys it's that time now i've enjoyed my new teg for nearly a year i've got the dreaded renewal notice. See what you think

25 years old
6 years NCD
Car 2001
Milage not more than 10k

£1,437 with NCD protection!!

Any thoughts? Paid nearly this much last time round and I was only 24 and DL wouldn't touch me. :D

Duckface

aself66

Advanced Member
im 23, 2yrs no claims, previous claim, no more than 8000 miles, £1600. your quote sounds expensive.......you never get a good deal when renewing with the same company!!!

kingston

Advanced Member
Insurance has gone up this year, i gained 1 years more NCB and my insurance dropped by a fiver.

My step-dad on his S2K went up, some biker went into him, biker admits its his fault yet the insurance still went up as the biker can claim p.i. within two years.

Insurance is a joke.

T666YPR

Your job and postcode will affect the price just as much as age and no claims.You can't use them to compare unless you work at the same place as your next door neighbour,same car,same age,same history.

Tesco were certainly better for me than DL this time,but like the man says;it's often better to keep changing every year.

You get more incentives to join a new ins. company than to stay with them.

kingston

Advanced Member
Yeah i know all prices will change, pending on the individual, but im just trying to find out who its worth talking to and who its not worth me bothering with, if you know what i mean?

P15UL T

Advanced Member
hi all
phoned most of these companies today ans had no luck.
im 25 in 4 months and think i will have to wait till then before i can get a cover note. :cry:
i was all ready to buy the the car and just assumed that i would get insured so it just brought me back down to earth with a bang as all i could talk about this week was which garage shouuld i give my money to.
oh well another 4 months waiting (thats a year in total) hope its worth it
:lol:

Duckhunter

Thanks guys!

I've still got some time shop around so i will get on the case. As for the job and postcode thing i'm a Finance Assistant living in a nice Guildford postcode. Can't get much more boring than that.

aself66

Advanced Member
yeah i originally had a vectra gsi. they insure any make, the number is 0870 0240240 ...................... good luck!

P15UL T

Advanced Member
hi
aself66 im cluching at straws here. i called vauxhall and they wouldnt quote me, they said that any drivers of the car need to be 25 and have to been driving for 2 years (my wife's only had her liscense for a year)
i can wait the four months till my birthday but cant wait another year for her to have been driving long enough
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

by the way MERRY CHRISTMAS

aself66

Advanced Member
thats odd, maybe they insured me cos i changed cars. why dont you insure yourself on a different car then change the policy to the dc5 of justice!

Duckhunter

Nice One Guys!

Adrian Flux did me for just over a grand. That was a saving of 400 on my renual quote!

DH