To garage or not to garage

Palmerino

So I'm nearing the point where I can start looking at insurance quotes for a teg. I have 2 options for storage. It'll be a weekend toy and not used too much. So I can either park it on my driveway or rent a garage 2 doors down for £700 pound a year.
Anyone have any experience with how that affects their quotes?

Chewy

Advanced Member
I would personally Garage it, and throw a cheap dehumidifier in there with it...If it's going to sit in there most of the week.

But when it comes to Insurance, It actually worked out cheaper on my old car (BMW 1 Series) to park it on the drive because the insurance would have to fork out for property damage if someone were to break into the garage to steal the car :blink: ?!?!

calum001

also had an insurance quote go up in the past when i said the car would be garaged, as above due to property damage and also the chance of the garageand/or car catching fire and taking the other with it.....

Palmerino

I figured this which really upsets me, I don't want to park car on my driveway, as I've seen on too many posts these vehicles attract a lot of sometimes unwanted attention, and it will obviously retain a better condition if it was stored. I am hoping for at least a slight drop in premium just to merit renting a garage. I just want it all tucked up and away from preying eyes whilst not in use.

SDDC5

If you can afford it, garage the car you will feel happy knowing it's put away this is what I do. Also the car keeps cleaner:)

Tim@Prestige

Advanced Member
There may not be a huge difference on our scheme with this. It does depend on your postcode but by all mean, when you ring, just ask for a quote with & without. We'd be happy to oblige :)

Palmerino

Thanks Tim, I'll do that. I may not even be insurable at 20 with 2 years NCB. But I'll cross that bridge when it comes haha