To the jrsc'd owners

ForgedV

Advanced Member
How have you all over came the power steering pipe bolt rubbing onto the bonnet? Other than filling the life out of it?

It rubbed on my oem bonnet and still does on my buddy club, last thing I want is it to rub the weave.

How have people over come it? Or just file the bolt right down? Please ignore the plaster I was limited to what I could use for a short term fix.

integraleo

Advanced Member
Mine actually dented the bonnet,bad enough that I've actually had bonnet vents cut into the bonnet to get rid of them. I feel your pain mate.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Im sure someone on here used bonnet raisers at the rear just to help clear it. Not that it looks good, nor helps to cool the engine.... Makes it worse I believe.

Ooo bonnet vents do sound a good option Mind. Or keep filling the life out of it as you have done.

integraleo

Advanced Member
Problem with bonnet raisers is they are not really possible with gruppe m or teg m intakes as it would block the air flow.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
integraleo said:
Problem with bonnet raisers is they are not really possible with gruppe m or teg m intakes as it would block the air flow.
Exactly my point, not really any good reason to have them unless you like the "you haven't shut your bonnet properly mate" look.

But it would clear your issue I believe.

dotty

Advanced Member
ForgedV said:
How have you all over came the power steering pipe bolt rubbing onto the bonnet? Other than filling the life out of it?

It rubbed on my oem bonnet and still does on my buddy club, last thing I want is it to rub the weave.

How have people over come it? Or just file the bolt right down? Please ignore the plaster I was limited to what I could use for a short term fix.

Time for the head-torch and a file ;)

samwelltrademarked

Advanced Member
dotty said:
Time for the head-torch and a file ;)
If it really is a chore with a file... And there's a sufficient amount to take down.... Grind it?

I'm sure there's something available size wise with a lower profile head if you measure it up?

I'm not really up on how that bolt sits etc as I don't have a whine in my car other than the missus.... But surely there are alternatives out there?

ForgedV

Advanced Member
So far it's looking like file it to shave some mm's off. Not a fan of bonnet raisers and I have a gruppe m so all I'd be doing is solving one problem to creating another. Any other ideas people?

Rom

Advanced Member
dotty said:
Who said that ?
Not just me, Adam agreed, but we are both a but er, particular :)

Im going to bite the bullet and try some, I dont have much choice really with my RBC and J's Intake. Getting bored of opening bonnet, remembering I dont have a prop, closing it, walking to boot getting prop, and trying again.

raz786

Advanced Member
Can't say I've noticed a problem, then again I had TGM fit the charger so maybe that's why. Give Tom a call and see if he can advise something.

beppe786

Beppe
its hits as the engine moves.. stiffer upgraded mounts and side mount will help.. when you're running 100hp more the engine moves a little more..

i had the same problem.. made a dent in mine

integraleo

Advanced Member
I'm running stiffer avid mounts now but dent was already there by that time. All better now with vents cut in. Not to everyone's taste but serves a purpose.

integraleo

Advanced Member
Maybe not,I had the inserts but still caused a dent. My vents cost me 95 quid for supply and fit from a guy on Facebook called nick wiley. He's based in Doncaster but travels around the country fitting vents on group deals. Mainly ford's but possible on any car.

pudski

Advanced Member
don't have a problem with mine, but I am using the Jackson tensioner. Think its just a problem with the mercracing bracket and oem tensioner.

I have the mercracing bracket and got the power steering hose bracket with it. Supposed to give better clearance. But not fitted either yet.

integraleo

Advanced Member
Have you seen the YouTube clip of Jackson tensioner? Looks horrendous! Yes I'm running merc racing tensioner which raises the power steering pump up a little bit. It's not perfect but better than using Jackson tensioner