To the K PRO Gurus *need help!

TheH

So after installing my new k tuned hall effect tps i wanted to calibrate it with my kpro,so i installed the newest version of K manager and plug it in,so pressed f10 and i got "the calibration in the ecu is from an older version of kmanager,please re upload the calibration before datalogging" so i cannot go any further how to i go about this iv never done much with my kpro,cheers!

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
Can't you just uninstall and install same version as your calibration file?

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

beppe786

Beppe
if you dont know what version your map file was done from your have to try a few old version's.. i had this problem from my ep3 days..

TheH

My tuner has his map locked and wont give out his password which i understand,so i think this means i cant download it and reupload it to the latest version meanin i have to bring it back to him to use his laptop,he is the a few hours away which is a right pain but surely this can solved easily! I can find out what version it was tuned on but how will i get that version?

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
As your map is locked then regardless if you locate correct version you won't be able to calibrate as this needs write access to the map. Best going back to your tuner

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
Yup a locked map is as good as no map when you want to edit things...

Also, if a map is from an older version of Kmanager, opening it in a later version and re-uploading will not usually cause a problem.

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
If you have a KAL file then you need to wipe the ECU through Kmanager which will remove the password and upload your new calibration file. Remember though if the KAL file is locked still then the password protection will be written back to the ECU again. There is no way round it unless you open KAL file, enter password and remove security which the mapper can do before he sends you the "unprotected" KAL file back for uploading.

pudski

Advanced Member
Best way is to get tuner to email you copy of your map. You should have a copy anyway, you have paid good money for the map.

Then download newest version of kpro software to laptop. Open map in new version and upload to car.

beppe786

Beppe
pudski said:
Best way is to get tuner to email you copy of your map. You should have a copy anyway, you have paid good money for the map.

Then download newest version of kpro software to laptop. Open map in new version and upload to car.
its not about letting their tuning secrets away its about hiding there cockups..

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
lol, beppe, you could be right there , but the whole selling point of a kpro over k100 is that you can adjust yourself via usb connection, if you have to , or want to return to your tuner everytime you want a small change (even turning launch control on and off) then you might as well save yourself several hundred pounds and get the k100,

several times i was in a situation where i could not pass the noise test at a trackday because i couldnt rev higher than 3500 when stationary, so needed to be able to easily switch calibrations at the track if i had had k100 i would have been stuck.

pudski

Advanced Member
Beppe said:
its not about letting their tuning secrets away its about hiding there cockups..
Think you could be spot on there mate, thats why i have done my own mapping for the last 7 years ;)

2ndy

Advanced Member
I don't understand this whole locking a map thing.. There are thousands of base maps available so they can't use that excuse. A friend of mine needs his O2 sensor disabled to turn his EML off and the only way he can do it is if he drives to the tuner.. Near 450 mile round trip :S

beppe786

Beppe
2ndy said:
I don't understand this whole locking a map thing.. There are thousands of base maps available so they can't use that excuse. A friend of mine needs his O2 sensor disabled to turn his EML off and the only way he can do it is if he drives to the tuner.. Near 450 mile round trip :S
theres another thumbs up for the kpro over k100.. tuner could have emailed him an updated map and he could have uploaded new calibration.. no traveling anywhere..

they lock the map so no one can see there tune.

MrRy

Advanced Member
2ndy said:
Imagine someone slightly adapting a tune you have spent hours on for their own customers and taking the credit for it - it's your own property and hard work.

Will @ RDT will just remotely login to your PC that is hooked up to the Kpro and do it remotely, including cold start checks and adjustments, etc. (providing you have a laptop and wifi connection!).

That's another reason for Kpro4 over K100. Plus data logging via Bluetooth to the app is pretty useful for checking everything. I'll be going down the Krpo route.

2ndy

Advanced Member
They've been paid to do it, that's like a decorator painting someone's house and and someone else fitting a 90s boarder around the walls and taking credit for it, why would ya care when you've been paid for it

MrRy

Advanced Member
2ndy said:
They've been paid to do it, that's like a decorator painting someone's house and and someone else fitting a 90s boarder around the walls and taking credit for it, why would ya care when you've been paid for it
If someone stole one of my website designs and made a few grand on it by changing a couple of bits, I would be a bit annoyed. Depends if you see it as a job or a work of art that you're proud of / artistic license and all.

Also it's common in the tuning world to use other maps apparently as not many people can tune very well (as it's not a regulated sector, Yet!) so you could easily sell yourself as a pro when in fact you're just a tinkerer that can change a few things to make power for the sake of long term reliability.