Toda advice

Daverg81

So I've got a toda manifold and supposably a full amuse titanium system but I'm not convinced at all that that's what is fitted and the thing sounds horrendous to the point I don't actually want to drive the car any more and I've only had it 3 days lol. Stupidly loud and I don't mind loud exhausts.

My question is, would a normal cat back exhaust fit due to the toda length and it being catless if that makes sence.

My old Teg had a standard manifold and a skunk2 cat back and that was fine. Any recommendations on what I should fit while keeping the toda manifold as its been mapped with it fitted would be great :)) but nothing stupidly loud like this lol.

Thanks in advance

civic17_99

Advanced Member
I guess something like a Toda Exhaust or a Fujitsubo RM01a or Mugen Twin loop are all the quieter exhaust's available for the DC5. One of those mated to the Toda manifold would certainly be quieter than what you have already.

That's only going from what i've seen in the past from what others have used. Anyone feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

Daverg81

Thanks for the reply. Yea that's what I was thinking but wasn't 100% if I bought a cat back if it would fit, as there's no cat I take it the toda manifold is the same length as the oem with a cat fitted if that makes sense... Apologies if I'm being a plank lol just don't want to buy a cat back for it to not fit.
Cheers

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
I bought and fitted a Toda cat back to a standard manifold...but the guy i bought the Toda from originally had it mated to a Toda manifold so from that...they should be the same.

Torque GT

Parts Trader
Daverg81 said:
Thanks for the reply. Yea that's what I was thinking but wasn't 100% if I bought a cat back if it would fit, as there's no cat I take it the toda manifold is the same length as the oem with a cat fitted if that makes sense... Apologies if I'm being a plank lol just don't want to buy a cat back for it to not fit.
Cheers
Toda manifold's have a built in decat section and are more or less the same size as a standard manifold and cat. Virtually any cat back exhaust should bolt straight in to place with no issues, providing it isn't some Chinese eBay special!

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
The noise of the Amuse is very, very loud. My mate had one on his S2000 and it was funny for about 3 seconds.

Daverg81

I seriously don't like driving the car .. It was fun on the test drive but now tbh it's embarrassing. It's another level of loud.

Richie200

Advanced Member
That Amuse system is worth a pretty penny. If you did sell it, I'd imagine you'd have a choice of exhaust to suit what you were after.

Daverg81

I agree. if I was 100% sure that's what it was then I'd definitely sell it. I'm just not convinced it is and also not the best condition, I had a bit of welding done as it was blowing a bit.... Didn't think titanium corroded ?

Richie200

Advanced Member
Daverg81 said:
I agree. if I was 100% sure that's what it was then I'd definitely sell it. I'm just not convinced it is and also not the best condition, I had a bit of welding done as it was blowing a bit.... Didn't think titanium corroded ?
I also thought Titanium didn't corrode. Are there any noticeable plaques or markings on the exhaust to confirm it is a genuine Amuse system?

Daverg81

When I had the exhaust done I was hoping to be able to have a good look and take some pictures but they wouldn't let me in the workshop, the receptionist Volunteered to do it though. Unfortunately the pictures rubbish lol and you can't see anything and she said she couldn't see any names or plaques ect frustrating really

p1tse

Advanced Member
Isn't the tegiwa mani based off the toda; if so many have oem b pipe and off the shelf cat back bolted to it

Maybe just put a silenced middle section in

Honda-atr

Advanced Member
I had the Amuse on the DC5. It was an amazing sound.
There are 2 versions, it looks like you have the unsilenced version ;).
There is a bung available for the exhaust, but price wise they ask a gold price for it ;)

Daverg81

Yea I know there worth a bit and its one of the things that sold me the car tbf that and some other mods it's got.. The actual car is a bit tatty. It'll get there thou but this exhaust (whatever it is) has got to go lol. I loved my last Teg it was a daily and I loved every minute in it...
This thing I can't drive simple as that, it sounds like it's just the mani and the rest of the exhaust is missing.