Toda or BuddyClub

ckh

Advanced Member
Recently got hold of a Toda Manifold but i have a Buddyclub on the car at the moment, anyone got experience on the difference they may have?

on sound?
on power? etc...

I have a K-Pro, RBC, GM, Kakimoto exhaust....hopefully will be Mapped by Mase next month so need to decide which manifold to use?

thanks for the advice!!

Vindots

Advanced Member
if you have buddyclub just keep it mate,, because imagine another US$1500 for brandnew toda but if you've got bonestock dc5 R go for toda!

paul hughes

I havnt Dyno tested both on the same day, and back to back, but i have measured the primary and secondary lengths so i would imagine both to perform equally well as far as BHP goes, as the specification of the pipes is very very close. dont know if TDi have done a back to back same day BHP comparison :S

There was one design feature difference that i noticed and that was that the Toda does not have sliding joints so it may be more succeptable to cracking at the welds than a Buddyclub item, which has sliding joints at each 'Y' Piece Joint. Dont know about the price comparisons either but Buddyclub may be more costly because there is obviously much more work involved in creating the double female sliding joint system than a simple pipe weld.

This Design feature or cost statement is only my opinion and is not meant to reflect in a negative way to either product.

regards,
Paul H,

Buddyclub Europe.

Vindots

Advanced Member
I thought toda is more expensive than buddyclub?

here in NZ, they are selling Buddyclub for $1500NZ dollars while TODA costs about $1899NZ dollars,

skunk2_dc5

Advanced Member
toda is much more expensive due to import taxes and because for jap products you pay a bit for the name!

Vindots

Advanced Member
To OP, there you go, now that you have buddyclub dont bother buying toda, as it may hurt your pocket, just keep your buddyclub and save your money to something else. :)

raz786

Advanced Member
If it were me I wouldn't waste money changing over the manifolds, the results will be quite similar I would think. And I'd sell the toda and perhaps buy another mod before my map!

paul hughes

Both products are made in Japan, Different countries have different import and shipping costs,
Buddyclub Europe ship a full container every two weeks that is 1100 Cu/Ft. the cost per Cu/Ft is around £1.80 or less.(maybe £5.50 per header)

The cost to ship a header loose (i.e.Toda) would be over £100 so maybe there lies the difference ?? :idea: Buying the most expensive isnt always the best...

Buy the product that is the best for you, given your opinion and that of others ..Then look at the specification and quality of the construction, NOT the price.

For Vindots Info there is a Buddyclub Dealer in NZ mate, and they ship containers also so their price should compare to Europe given the cost of living and wages differences.etc.

:) worldwide Popularity benefits the end user sometimes...

Regards and Happy Tuning,
Paul,

Buddyclub Europe.