Toda stroker kit and exhaust available now

RPM

Update gents,

The stroker kit (£2450 plus vat) and exhaust (£595 plus vat) is now available from Toda Europe.

As we are a Hondata dealer we can also carry out the K Pro fitting and tuning, we have also been carrying out the tuning work on behalf of Toda USA for there N2 cam kits.

The Toda A3 or A4 cams will be available mid September.
I will keep you posted on this.

Regards

Wootty

Advanced Member
So what do you get for that. i.e. whats in the stroker kit?

Sorry but i'm still a bit unclear as to the exact prices of any of this as you mention cams avaialbe in september - are these not in the stroker kit available now?

Can we get a proper list of parts with prices - even if they are grouped together in a kit package.

edit...
I take it that this is something different from the previous Toda kit in earlier threads.. Scuze my ignorance..

Matt_D

I believe the stroker kit consists of crankshaft, con rods and pistons.
Takes the K20a to 2.2 i think, but Paul will be able to confirm.

The cams (A3 or A4) coming in September are more aggressive than the N2's currently available, these are not part of the stroker kit.

Paul aka RPM aka System-R/TDI North are Toda Europe so he knows his stuff :wink:

Wootty

Advanced Member
Thanks Matt

I think i was getting a little confused with these single shot one liner adverts coming out. Think I'll do a trawl of the web and the forum to compile a list of who does what for how much

Evs

Advanced Member
Just to give you a start Wootty...

Here's a link to the Toda K20A index page which gives you some more info and pics

http://www.todaracing.com/products/hond ... index.html

It doesn't list the K20A 2.2 stroker kit but here's a link to the one for the F20C (S2000 engine) which gives a fair indication of what the K20A kit should have in it. As Matt says it's basically crank, rods, and pistons plus the rings & wrist pins needed to fit them:

http://www.todaracing.com/products/hond ... erkit.html

The site also lists prices (in US$) for most things which gives you a rough idea of cost. Sorry I should have said 'US$$$$'! :wink:

There's also the system-r website www.system-r.co.uk which lists prices for some of the stuff.

HTH

RPM

Sorry Wooty if it seemed like a one liner, I was just trying to make people aware of Toda Europes progress with the K20 parts.
We have recieved the first stroker kit, so should have a fair idea on installation costs soon.

Zero7

Advanced Member
But it's not 2.2 is it :?: :?:

Plus, is your first stoker kit being tested on a DC5 :?:

RPM

Toda list the kit as 2.2 (2157cc) for the EP3 and DC5.
The stroker kit is being fitted to an EP3.
Regards

Zero7

Advanced Member
do you have to bore the engine out to 2.2 in order to take the larger pistons? does anyone know what the costs are to have the kit installed.

I would have thought it would be quite labour intense.

A lot of money for just 3-4 items of kit, even by Toda standards. Are there any other alternatives out there, or in the making?

Evs

Advanced Member
Not sure what you mean by 'bore the engine out to 2.2'? The stroker kit just gives the engine a longer stroke, which increases the capacity to 2.2 litres using the standard bore.

Agree that it's likely to be expensive to install. I don't think TDI have worked prices out yet, but they've just finished installing one in their own car so it won't be long.

An alternative is to use the K24 bottom end from an Accord, but this won't stand up to the same sort of revs without stronger components. Someone in the US has done this with a Civic, and it does look a bit mental... :shock: 8)

Zero7

Advanced Member
Evs said:
Not sure what you mean by 'bore the engine out to 2.2'? The stroker kit just gives the engine a longer stroke, which increases the capacity to 2.2 litres using the standard bore.

Agree that it's likely to be expensive to install. I don't think TDI have worked prices out yet, but they've just finished installing one in their own car so it won't be long.

An alternative is to use the K24 bottom end from an Accord, but this won't stand up to the same sort of revs without stronger components. Someone in the US has done this with a Civic, and it does look a bit mental... :shock: 8)
Ah, I get it now, I thought you had to bore the engine to get the capacity up, perhaps that's how they used ot do it in the old days?

RPM

The engine is run in and tuned now producing 240bhp @ wheels.
We took the car to the last round of the jap racer series at Shakespeare county raceway and posted a quickest time of 13.47 @ 110mph.
This was achieved with the older spec N2 cams, more power is expected with the launch of the new cams and ITB's soon.

Evs

Advanced Member
Sounds wicked 8)
Any chance of a ride in it tomorrow please Paul? :wink: