Too much engine oil.... help!!!

azriDC5R

Advanced Member
hi boys... sent my car for routine oil change a week ago... used Q8 5w40 engine oil full syn.... but the mechanic in charge seems to fill her up too full cos everyday in the morning when i checked the dipstick its fuller than those two indicator holes... i noticed my revs got heavier when the vtec kicks in... will there be any damage done to my car for this??? should i just leave it n hope that the oil just burns during consistent hi revving or should i take out some out of the engine?

cheers... :oops:

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
How far over the max marker is it? Just get under and drain a little off, its only a 15min job.

dan the man

Advanced Member
7mm... i think drain some out but gona be messy.

get a garage to drop some out of the plug.

Evs

Advanced Member
I'd agree with Dan - worth draining a bit out cos you do run the risk of damage with too much oil in. 1-2mm and I wouldn't bother, but 7mm I think I would tbh.

ADHDboy

Advanced Member
?? Oil, plugs, scared !!

Make sure you are checking the oil level when the engine is warm though. At cold all the oil will go to the sump and look like there is too much in there.

If too much oil I would be worried about the seals, as above undo the drain plug and let about half a litre out and receck.

azriDC5R said:
was kinda worried it will wet the plugs too much...