too sell or not to sell??????????

dp9901

Advanced Member
had my dc5 for nearly 18 months now and considering a change,dont get me wrong love the car but trying to keep it clean,he cost of fuel and now the newer tax rates are causing me to re think the dc5 ownership.trouble is dont know what to go for instead everytime i go look at something the teg is sat there looking sooo good when i get back to it.tough choice really!!also i use it every day and obviously puts the mileage up its a 2005 05 with just over 24k miles on it but do is sell now and pocket cash or hang on to it :?

phil r

Advanced Member
to sell or not to sell !!!!!!!!!

Any ideas or cars that is going to come close to it :?: Not a good time to sell at the moment though as you will already know . :xconfused:

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
Why sell if you're happy with it?? Now is a bad time for the car market with the credit crunch and looming recession :|

logik

Advanced Member
Car market is dead at the moment unless cars are bought to order.

As mentioned, if you love the car and are happy with it, then why change it?

Allen

Advanced Member
Had mine for nearly a year now, cant see myself ever getting rid of it :D

anticlaus105

Advanced Member
I have toyed with selling in the past. Firstly was to buy a cheaper car and pocket the extra cash then when the FD2 came out and even looked to buy a newer one till I realised I prefer the pre 04 model.

Have never been able to go through with it tho.

Have now had the teg for over 5 years, done 100k miles in it and am still happy. Nothing looks and goes like it for the price

BTW Is it any harder to keep clean than any other car?

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
How many miles do you average per year? What you said sounds appealing to me if from the sums you're averaging about 20k per year. That's what I will be doing and have been worrying about depreciation and everything due to the excess mileage!

dp9901

Advanced Member
mileage; it had 7500 miles when i bought it in dec 2006 and now done approx 24500 so bout 17k in 15 months.

celox performance

Advanced Member
I had thought about getting the Evo X a few months ago and part ex the DC5. After a couple of months thinking about what to do and should I pay the £1000 deposit to get one of the first Evo X's. I decided against it and will keep the DC5 now :D

It is very hard to find a car as good as the Teg for all round capabilities eg. road/track use/folding rear seat/reliability/looks etc etc