Top Fuel 1000 induction chambed fitted

kingston

Advanced Member
dont know if id like the filter pointing down into the engine bay....

How big was the air pipe they supplied to feed it cool air?

T666YPR

Does look very nice 8)

There is cold air from that wheelarch but you might want to shield the side facing the manifold to keep the intake temp down.
You'll still get heatsoak though.

scaryprowler

Advanced Member
Looks good.... but its situated not too far away from exhaust manifold - that kicks out a fair bit heat mate. Its all very well having non heat-soaking CF tubing, bit if its hot air that its sucking in then you wont see any gains, you may even be down on power!

My comments make me sound like an arse, I dont mean to be.

mikegsi

Staff member
thats right though.....

heatsoak is a big issue with short ram intakes

Suped

Advanced Member
is there any form of material worth sticking to shield the filter??

was thinking of something that looks like a heatshield that can be held by the filter holder thats screwed onto the OEM screw hole.

scaryprowler

Advanced Member
You're best bet is to get as much cold air to the filter as possible. I've seen people use tumble dryer ducting in instances such as this. Be warned - you'll lose all that kudos gained thru sexy carbon fibre if you take this route ! :wink:

Suped

Advanced Member
could always go for a carbon bonnet with a nice intake slit for the filter and a vent for the heat to rise out on.

big silver ducting will look crap, but if its functional then I can make do. :cry:

T666YPR

I'm sure a half hexagon shaped shield can be formed from aluminium with an attatchment to the filter connector.This could be made to protect the manifold side and at the same time catch the air from the wheelarch.

kingston

Advanced Member
Make a template of the area around your induction kit with some mdf/ply even cardboard, inc 90 angles then get busy with some Carbon Fibre Sheet (roughly about 50 quid) and there you go

Suped

Advanced Member
Cheers Si & James,

will give that butchers this weekend with a template. If all goes well, pics will be posted and maybe post a template for the Top Fuel filter guys.