Top Fuel 1000 Power Chamber + Comptech air box's

Jones_XD

Advanced Member
Any info in this intake??

my mate has just sold his DC5 and he has one going for £100 and he has also got a comptech sports ice box ??

they worth a look at??

I am looking at the Tegiwa setup but god damn its expensive.

DC5RS

DC5
Comptech has a similar design to the mugen intake, i will definitely consider if price is right

Jones_XD

Advanced Member
yeah i don't know what to do lol

researching everything and people say the tegiwa intake better gains and it look very sexy all in carbon, but its £340 brand new lol, will text him and find out how much he wants for the icebox lol

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Top fuel FTW!!!! hahaha Ive got one, came over from Japan with it and it is awesome. I wouldn't change it for one of the other short arm intakes, and its abit bigger in the bay than the likes of the AEM etc, so it doesn't look lost in there. :)

Turbosnatch

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
Top fuel FTW!!!! hahaha Ive got one, came over from Japan with it and it is awesome. I wouldn't change it for one of the other short arm intakes, and its abit bigger in the bay than the likes of the AEM etc, so it doesn't look lost in there. :)
Have you got a picture? I'm eager to see what this intake looks like

Nevermind, Ive just found one on Funky power's website. It's going new for £215

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
I've got a TopFuel one on mine, again, came with it from Japan, however I can't imagine it will be good for making power. It does however sound amazing.

anton1234

Advanced Member
They sound awsum, better than the Gruppe m IMO but you will lose power in vtec but gain a little more torque at the lower end,that what I found from one

Jones_XD

Advanced Member
Wingnuttzz said:
I've got a TopFuel one on mine, again, came with it from Japan, however I can't imagine it will be good for making power. It does however sound amazing.
Yeah thats what i was thinking, i want one that actually good for the engine not just sounds awesome in vtec lol

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
If your after the best power, you need a custom CAI that sits behind the bumper with a velocity stack. Its what my TopFuel kit will be getting replaced with.

It won't be easy, or cheap, or for those who are paranoid about hydrolocking but it will make the most power.

AEM and Ingen both do CAI's, make good power, probably the same as if not more than the Tegiwa kit, but same issue with hydrolocking paranoia.

Tegiwa is a good off the shelf solution, its safe and makes good power, and sounds good too, its proven, however the fit might leave you wondering from what I gather.