Top fuel induction? Your views on it?

lujamil

Advanced Member
When I bought my car it came with the top fuel induction kit. I personally had never heard of the brand before which makes me sceptical about whether or not it gives any gains. What are your opinions on this induction kit?

I am considering changing to either a tegiwa m or the injen induction kit.

What are your views?

Nickyyy

Advanced Member
Had one on my DC2, got an AEM and have been smiling ever since!

I'd say the same for the DC5? But one of the lads will surely confirm

mike.williams

Advanced Member
top fuel japan have built some absolute beasts of motors, turbo dc2, dc5 and turbo s2k to name a few often driven on hot version or best motoring

as far as the intake goes, im not so sure it will perform the best however, the carbon chamber is a larger bore to over come pulsing air comingback out from the inlet ports

after all it is a short ram intake sucking from the back of the bay but fed from the wheel well so how much the carbon will reduce heat soak i dont know.

does it sound good? i have one to replace my j's racing intake after a i get my rbc

lujamil

Advanced Member
Well it does sound good but I'm not sure if it has any good gains. I'm assuming it does suffer from heat soak especially due to the London traffic. -____-

Rob.

Advanced Member
There bound to suffer heat soak being at the back of the bay but mine had one on when I got it and with a spoon mani an N1 system with the top fuel induction it was 237bhp...

Modmedia

Advanced Member
They sound SUPERB on DC5s. I had one on my first one (came on it) had no problems!

Now running an AEM V2 on DC5 Number 3 and happy with it.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Hi there, i have one on mine. :xhappy: Again.. like many it came on the car. Ive only had a heat soak issue once with it, but that was also down to a split in my intake hose and a broken down car on a hot day. Silly me i left the engine running for well over 40 mins in traffic with the air con on... then it suffered. But a 5 min drive to circulate air and it was all good again. Other than that, it sounds really grunty, i like the slight wooshy noise it make between 2000 and 4500rpm just before alot of noise. :xyes: im not in a hurry to change it as i like being different. plusit does look better imo than other short ram intakes. I have managed to fit and tegiwa heat sheild around it to help keep things cool if traffic does pop up again, but ive not had a problem with it since. With my Kakimoto it did sound awsome, and now with my spoon n1 and unsilenced kakimoto mid pipe..( yes i have managed to join the two) just unreal. im sticking with it as it does the job for me. Just my input. Check out my garage and you will see a pic. :xgrin:

Modmedia

Advanced Member
Which one do you prefer?
Hard to say.. my 2nd DC5 had a K&N (replaced by a Long Arm AEM eventually - which was v.Quiet) out of the three cars I had I liked the noise it made the least. It's closed between the Top Fuel and AEM. I think the Top Fuel is the better sounding one though!