Torn / ripped seat cover, how best to fix?

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Get stitching! Haha or buy a new one. They're relatively cheap..... It's served its purpose so treat the teg to a new one :)

Chewy

Advanced Member
As Jimmer says, Buy new.

My Capital Seating ones were torn where the base meets the bolster, Had a friend repair them for me, but because the fabric frays where it's ripped you have to fold the fabric back on itself in order to stitch it, meaning it never quite sits over the seats right again as it's slightly smaller (If that makes sense).

p1tse

Advanced Member
I bought two from a forum member

One had a hole already and the other is gong this way.

I'll rather try and do a temp fix of sort and put the money towards actual new seat material

Chewy

Advanced Member
For the money you'll put into paying someone else to fix it, you may as well just buy new ones.

I'm not really sure what to suggest in terms of a temp fix other than, pop your masculinity to one side and speak to your inner seamstress, pick up a needle and thread and have a crack at it yourself....Doesn't need to be pretty as the stitch will be on the underside. Might be worth a shot :)

Dazaturbo

Advanced Member
Chewy said:
As Jimmer says, Buy new.

My Capital Seating ones were torn where the base meets the bolster, Had a friend repair them for me, but because the fabric frays where it's ripped you have to fold the fabric back on itself in order to stitch it, meaning it never quite sits over the seats right again as it's slightly smaller (If that makes sense).
I think it was you who bought my seat covers off me iirc

Chewy

Advanced Member
Dazaturbo said:
I think it was you who bought my seat covers off me iirc
Indeed it was! I thought I recognised the username where I saw you pop up in another thread...didn't click until now. Haha

Kev.W

Advanced Member
The cover looks really thin nylon?

As my missus is a seamstress she just repeated Chewy really, not worth repairing and if you manage to get someone or yourself to repair it, it will be smaller and won't fit correctly.

I got a pair of seat covers from UK Custom Covers off Amazon, I recommend these as they are quite thick material and feel very hard wearing, I'll fine a link if your interested!