Torque GT advise

Bikerz

I am meant to be going to Torque GT tomorrow to PX my Supra for a DC5 with cash my way....... They have just told me they don't deal in Cash and will have to transfer it Monday. Bit worried as they have only just told me this, why cant they BT on a Saturday? Anyone else been told this? Seems weird they don't deal in cash when buying and selling cars!

Any Advice?

Chewy

Advanced Member
Personally, I can't advise why they don't deal in cash...

But if you're worried about the trustworthiness, I brought my DC5 from Mike at Torque GT recently and from my dealing he's a very honest and genuine guy - You shouldn't have a problem at all.

Communication and Service was 10/10 throughout the entire process, and this continues post purchase as well...Best experience I've ever had to be honest mate.

HTH

maxvr6

Advanced Member
I dont think a bank transer will show up on your account if transfered on a Saturday until the next working day, therefore cant be confirmed.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I bought mine from them mate and they are sound, dealt with Darren mainly but Mike is the boss both really cool guys and great to deal with.

I paid them a deposit and the overall payment of the car by debit card. TBH mate you're better off just doing it that way rather than cash as at least the transaction is protected and also saves you messing around drawing out cash etc.

I can imagine they don't want cash in case of break ins as they're sort of in a hut/house/garage type of thing. It's only a small place and in a very rural area too if that makes any sense.

Shortstuff

Advanced Member
They do not like dealing with Cash on a Saturday as Banks are not open.

Obviously if they take X amount out the bank and you for some reason do not complete the deal, one of them then has to look after the cash all weekend until they can take it to the bank on Monday.

I bought from them. All good mate

newyorkaddict

Advanced Member
You'll have no issues with Torque, they're great lads to deal with. I dealt with Darren down there and he is a top notch lad. I drove off with no V5 document, as It was delayed, but as soon as it turned up, it was sent registered delivery from Torque.

opulent

Advanced Member
when i sold my DC2 the person done a bank transfer to give me the money, it was a sunday and it happen instantly. just obviously check you online banking before you leave and there isn't a problem.

Ive not bought my dc5 from torque GT but I've never heard a bad word said towards them. you should be fine :)

Bikerz

Got money and very happy. The mph conversion has been done...... however car still has top speed limiter, Is this normal for Torque GT or should I ring them and ask?

Mark_teg

Staff member
No, it's not normal.. Must be the way they've wired it in, a simple fix I believe.
Yes, ring them and ask.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
yes, thats not right, it should be removed, they havent fitted the speedo convertor correctly.

Princey4

Advanced Member
Drop me a pm with your email address. I have the instructions on doing this. Had the same thing with my dc5 from torque

Bikerz

snowsportsarelife@talk21.com Thank you

Not very happy they haven't done this correctly, from what is meant to be regarded as a good importer.........

Shortstuff

Advanced Member
Bikerz said:
snowsportsarelife@talk21.com Thank you

Not very happy they haven't done this correctly, from what is meant to be regarded as a good importer.........
Could be a simple mistake. I am sure if you contact them they will happily assist to put it right

Bikerz

Its more to do with the fact it would cost me nearly in as much fuel as getting someone to do it for me.