TORQUE OBD 2 App

G Man

Advanced Member
Ujamil,

Is it just one light that comes on? On my adaptor all lights are on before it connects.

Sometimes ignition needs to be on, depends on the car.

lujamil

Advanced Member
G Man said:
Ujamil,

Is it just one light that comes on? On my adaptor all lights are on before it connects.

Sometimes ignition needs to be on, depends on the car.
Yeah, just one light comes on. I've tried it whilst the cars on, i've tried it on another car too. I think it may be the adaptor which isn't working. I had the adaptor on during a 20 minute journey, tried after getting to my destination and the phone still couldn't find anything. But the fact that the light is on puzzles me.

G Man

Advanced Member
ujamil said:
Yeah, just one light comes on. I've tried it whilst the cars on, i've tried it on another car too. I think it may be the adaptor which isn't working. I had the adaptor on during a 20 minute journey, tried after getting to my destination and the phone still couldn't find anything. But the fact that the light is on puzzles me.
Bear in mind this was all done on my Impreza

FIrsr time I connected it to the OBDII port I got one light and couldn't find it over bluetooth. I turned to ignition position one and got the same results, turned to iginition switch two and got the same results.

Switched off, removed the key, removed and replugged the adaptor, turned to ignition position two (this time 3 lights) and it all started working.

If you have the same adaptor as Croccy, who proved it has worked, and you still have problems I would replace it.

EDIT:

Just remembered, I had one light showing once when the adaptor wasn't connected properly although it felt it was - get down there with a torch and make sure it's lined up correctly and flush with the port.

lujamil

Advanced Member
G Man said:
Bear in mind this was all done on my Impreza

FIrsr time I connected it to the OBDII port I got one light and couldn't find it over bluetooth. I turned to ignition position one and got the same results, turned to iginition switch two and got the same results.

Switched off, removed the key, removed and replugged the adaptor, turned to ignition position two (this time 3 lights) and it all started working.

If you have the same adaptor as Croccy, who proved it has worked, and you still have problems I would replace it.

EDIT:

Just remembered, I had one light showing once when the adaptor wasn't connected properly although it felt it was - get down there with a torch and make sure it's lined up correctly and flush with the port.
Thanks. I'll try that and let you know how it goes. I did make sure the adaptor is connected properly but will follow these steps and hopefully it will work.

Thanks again.

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
had a small issue connecting but figured it out quick enough.<br /><br />used phones settings to connect using pin code 1234.<br /><br />then went into app and it worked fine on connection I had a quick flash of lights then constant red with or without ignition turns.<br /><br />give me a buzz if you have any issues

lujamil

Advanced Member
Teegwa said:
had a small issue connecting but figured it out quick enough.<br /><br />used phones settings to connect using pin code 1234.<br /><br />then went into app and it worked fine on connection I had a quick flash of lights then constant red with or without ignition turns.<br /><br />give me a buzz if you have any issues
My phone won't even find the bluetooth device! =/ looks like the adaptor isn't working.

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Hi all.

Mine arrived today (EML327) from Hong Kong, didnt realise the seller was from there when I pressed, place order. It arrived well packaged and the postie required a signature. After going over and over reading the settings on my Nexus 4 and 7 and the Torque OBD app I finally got it working. Its an amazing piece of kit for the few quid it cost.

Beauty about the DC5 OBD slot is its easy to get at and out of the way from your left foot when changing gear. Ive now ordered a Mountek CD slot mount to finish this little project off. Unfortunately it has to come from the States as they dont seem to be available in the UK at present.

Well pleased.

Regards. Granty.

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Hi.<br /><br />That's how it looks. It seems OK.
<br />Sorry about the glare<br /><br />Regards.<br />Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

maxvr6

Advanced Member
ujamil said:
My phone won't even find the bluetooth device! =/ looks like the adaptor isn't working.
This may be a stupid question but are you using an iPhone?

iPhones are restricted in what blutooth devices they can connect to (mainly handfree kits) If so you need a jailbroken one, and a plugin app called ROQYBT4 from the Cydia store and install the extension ROQYOBD4 too, this will open up the bluetooth port to connect with any bluetooth device.

Ive done this on my 4s and can connect Dashcommand with no problem, i know thats not the same app but its the same principle, let me know if you need help.

Granty1056

Advanced Member
maxvr6 said:
This may be a stupid question but are you using an iPhone?

iPhones are restricted in what blutooth devices they can connect to (mainly handfree kits) If so you need a jailbroken one, and a plugin app called ROQYBT4 from the Cydia store and install the extension ROQYOBD4 too, this will open up the bluetooth port to connect with any bluetooth device.

Ive done this on my 4s and can connect Dashcommand with no problem, i know thats not the same app but its the same principle, let me know if you need help.
Hi.

No its a Nexus 4. The Torque OBD app seems to work ok to date. It connects to an EML327 blue tooth adapter which plugs into the OBD port.

Thanks for the advice. If I get stuck I,ll post a help up.

Regards. Granty.

eddys_homeuk

Hi

So I got an elm327 jobby from eBay. Can't get dash command or torque to connect to it. Settings in iphone wifi find the device and say it's connected with full signal. But neither of the apps will connect.

Anyone else had similar problems?

Cheers guys
Matt

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Thats odd the wifi versions of the elm327 are normally easy to connect to. Never used the torque app but in dashcommand you need to go to settings and under connection set interface type to elm and data port to auto, also think you have to setup a vehicle profile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk