Touch me up...

Teggs

After 5 hours of cleaning this weekend I was thinking on the best way to treat my rusty spots (pin head size), very minor at the moment and the plan is to get a full respray in the future (2 years or so) someone has made a very junky touch up repair to a chip and although it's a bit ugly it seems to be doing the job. I'm aware that it might be rusting from the inside (wheel arch), but could a bit of touching up suffice for a short while? If so what would be the way to do it? I could probably get it fettled properly for £500 but would have to live with a paint mismatch for a while, I would also like to spend the money on engine/mods in the meanwhile, a false economy?

Maybe just sell her and buy a 1007?

2ndy

Advanced Member
Try polishing it to take the colour of the rust away from it, could tidy it up a fair bit

spooke

Advanced Member
Teggs said:
After 5 hours of cleaning this weekend I was thinking on the best way to treat my rusty spots (pin head size), very minor at the moment and the plan is to get a full respray in the future (2 years or so) someone has made a very junky touch up repair to a chip and although it's a bit ugly it seems to be doing the job. I'm aware that it might be rusting from the inside (wheel arch), but could a bit of touching up suffice for a short while? If so what would be the way to do it? I could probably get it fettled properly for £500 but would have to live with a paint mismatch for a while, I would also like to spend the money on engine/mods in the meanwhile, a false economy?

Maybe just sell her and buy a 1007?
I used some Kurust on tooth pick to try and kill the rust off (I have no idea if this actually worked but the rust went blue as the bottle states) and then used some touch up paint to fill the chips up. It may not be a permanent fix but I hope it will prevent it from spreading any further...

If anyone has any other ideas other than sanding and respray I'd like to hear it too :)