Touch up paint

BataLeon

Advanced Member
I know there are topics already but they are quite old from what I can find. Just wondering where people are favouring at the moment?

Just noticed a chip on the bonnet that needs dealing with.

GIBLETS

Advanced Member
OEM Honda touch up kits are cheap enough in champ white, cox motor parts sell them online I think...

yn08_teg

I have just received one of these touch up kits today. Does anyone have any advice before applying them? I was thinking in terms of any prep work as I have a few chips that have gone down to the bare metal I need to touch up...

Thanks

aleksboch

Advanced Member
Watch this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VHqwazq9xY

You can use a mixture of acetone+paint instead of the 'leveling compound' used in this video

yn08_teg

That's certainly a good product that I will look to invest in in the future. For the purposes of the touch up pen I guess it's a case of make sure the area to be worked on has been washed and dried thoroughly

ste01

Advanced Member
Going to try and revive this thread rather than start another...

What experience have people had using the 2 part genuine Honda CW touch up sets?

With tegs not having a clear coat I've just been using the basecoat assuming that will be fine... But it just seems pretty poor and not durable. Luckily I've not used it on the car itself and just for colour matching some jazz washer jets.
I've tried a couple of times now, with/without primer and even after a few weeks weeks drying, the paint quickly turns crap after a bit of rain/water. Just seems so weird, never had any issue with the old style Honda touch up paint, or any other paint I've done on my cars over the years. Anyone else found any similar problems with the 2 part kits?