Toying with the idea of selling the DC5 - Rough idea on value?

Linus27

Advanced Member
Not sure if these sort of posts are allowed so apologies in advance and please delete if a big no no.

Been thinking about selling the DC5 next year and wondering what it's worth? The spec is,

2001 DC5
Championship White
Red Recaro's, carpet and mats
C Pack
70km and 45k miles (90k miles in total roughly)
Black Team Dynamics Pro 1.2
K100 Remap (Romain mapped it)
Spoon Springs
Spoon 2-1 Exhaust Manifold
Spoon B-Pipe
Spoon N1 Backbox and OEM Backbox
Spoon Gear Knob
AEM V2 Induction
Ferodo DS2500
TGM Braided Brake Hoses
TGM Fast Road Set Up
Tower Strut Brace from TGM race car

The car has been serviced by TGM since I owned it and also when the previous owner had it.

The outside condition is pretty good for 14/15 year old car. I always get compliments on the condition of it. However, being honest, it does has some stone chips, mostly along the front skirt below where the radiator opening is. It also has a small mark above the offside rear wheel, about the size of a 5p. It has no dents etc. Inside is also not bad but the red Recaro's are fading around the bolster and the drivers side is a bit worn.

As I say, I'm just considering my options and reluctant at this stage to make a decision as I know it's a great car and once it's gone, it's gone. Any thoughts on rough value appreciated.

p1tse

Advanced Member
Looks and sounds nice on spec

Out of interest what did it map at on power figures ?

Interesting you didn't get the 4-2 section, as I thought its that which gives low to mid range performance which probably helps on uk roads

dotty

Advanced Member
It's definitely to your financial gain if you remove the modifications that you can and sell as standard as possible. Certainly the k100 and spoon exhaust and 2-1 ; Perhaps even the induction and any trinkets such as the gear knob, oil , rad caps (if it is the ti gear knob then it's discontinued and desirable)

Try and get some standard wheels and leave on the springs and "fast road" camber arms and bolts which is desirable when buyers are looking.

People seem to want a standard car and carry out modifying themselves.

It's hard to judge the market but doing the above there should easily get you 7-7.5k plus the money from the bits you can remove which add up to a tidy sum.

Linus27

Advanced Member
Patch_teg said:
Looks and sounds nice on spec
Out of interest what did it map at on power figures ?
Interesting you didn't get the 4-2 section, as I thought its that which gives low to mid range performance which probably helps on uk roads
It made 228 on the remap with the OEM back box. However, when I fit the Spoon N1, the car seems a lot more lively so not sure what it would make if it was mapped with that setup.

I went with the 2-1 as this part removes the cat and so my thinking was it would get better gains when mapped.

Linus27

Advanced Member
dotty said:
It's definitely to your financial gain if you remove the modifications that you can and sell as standard as possible. Certainly the k100 and spoon exhaust and 2-1 ; Perhaps even the induction and any trinkets such as the gear knob, oil , rad caps (if it is the ti gear knob then it's discontinued and desirable)
Try and get some standard wheels and leave on the springs and "fast road" camber arms and bolts which is desirable when buyers are looking.
People seem to want a standard car and carry out modifying themselves.
It's hard to judge the market but doing the above there should easily get you 7-7.5k plus the money from the bits you can remove which add up to a tidy sum.
Thanks Dotty. I have the OEM 2-1 manifold so I could get that fitted and get the K100 removed. Is it a case of unplugging or will Romain need to do anything? Induction I can also remove as I have the OEM still. Wheels I thought about as I have a newish set of GoodYear Eagle F1's which I could put on and then sell the Pro 1.2's with the AD08r's separately.

Wow, £7-7.5k is more than I thoughts:)

FireDance

Advanced Member
You will need to get another ECU & sell the one with the K100 in. The K100 is soldered in so it is not advisable to remove.