TOYO R888

raz786

Advanced Member
Alright lads

quick question, I'm looking into getting Toyo R888 on my standard 17's, but they're working out to about £150 a corner :shock: :shock:

My question is, the price above is for 215 45 R17, has anyone run 215 40 R17 or 215 35 R17? Will there be any advantages or disadvantages? problems? Are these other sizes even available?
:xhelp: :xhelp: :xhelp: :xhelp:

Thanx guys

mikegsi

Staff member
this for road or track use mate?

reason i ask is that they are less than half that per corner in 195/50/15 and a set of td pro race 1.2's fit nicely over the brembos, you'll also see better acceleration with less unsprung weight

not good for road use though as it will chuck your speedo right out!

JT3173

Advanced Member
mikegsi said:
this for road or track use mate?

reason i ask is that they are less than half that per corner in 195/50/15 and a set of td pro race 1.2's fit nicely over the brembos, you'll also see better acceleration with less unsprung weight

not good for road use though as it will chuck your speedo right out!
And with 15s you will make your gear ratios shorter too :twisted:

raz786

Advanced Member
Track use mainly as I use the CE28's on road, but I've just had my 17's refurbed in black so was looking at getting the R888's. However I may just have to get the F1 Asyms or the Hancook RS2??

jonster

Advanced Member
Got some TD 15's for sale if you're interested. They have some worn Dunlop DOJ1 half-slicks on which are good for another track day or two. PM me if you are.

mikegsi

Staff member
raz786 said:
Track use mainly as I use the CE28's on road, but I've just had my 17's refurbed in black so was looking at getting the R888's. However I may just have to get the F1 Asyms or the Hancook RS2??
Get the td's and go for some a048's IMO

alucardo

Advanced Member
a048's have a good reputation and last longer on the same compound than 888's however rs2's from what ive read are great for the money you pay.

raz786

Advanced Member
Think I'm gonna get the F1 Asyms, won't be doing a lot of track activity so probably the best bet, thanks for the info guys! :)

mrc

I've heard R888's shouldn't be exposed to temperatures below 0'c :?
If so, prob not the best choice for all year round use in UK :lol:

I may be wrong tho?..

celox performance

Advanced Member
mrc said:
I've heard R888's shouldn't be exposed to temperatures below 0'c :?
If so, prob not the best choice for all year round use in UK :lol:

I may be wrong tho?..
I haven't heard that :? . I used the R888's a couple of winters ago which included ice without any problems.