TOYO'S T1R 215/45/17 OR EAGLE F1 GSD3??

TypeRKid

Advanced Member
Im going to order another 4x of these Toyo's T1'Rs this week!! I tell you what after reading through this thread i put on from nearly two years ago i made the right choice for tyres. These Toyo's T1R's have lasted me nearly 2years!! :shock: And they have been excellent! I have done nearly 20k miles in these two years that includes going on Type R drives, a few Trackdays and daily use!!

Can fault these still recommend these to anyone who is thinking of getting these! :wink:

logik

Advanced Member
TypeRKid said:
Im going to order another 4x of these Toyo's T1'Rs this week!! I tell you what after reading through this thread i put on from nearly two years ago i made the right choice for tyres. These Toyo's T1R's have lasted me nearly 2years!! :shock: And they have been excellent! I have done nearly 20k miles in these two years that includes going on Type R drives, a few Trackdays and daily use!!

Can fault these still recommend these to anyone who is thinking of getting these! :wink:
I am still in the same situation.

Proxos T1 R OR F1 Eagles

Cousin has 4x Proxos on his Evo7 and loves them and hates the fact i am leaning towards the F1 eagles.

Anyone had BOTH of these tyres at some point and can explain their experience?

dotty

Advanced Member
I would get the Eagles.

I have had the T1R and IMO the eagles are better.

Gray

had my f1's on for a few days now, and what a difference in the wet compared to the RE040's i had on.

cant comment on the toyo's though :(

dotty

Advanced Member
Mine have bedded in now and I had my first chance of driving with them in the rain last night and they performed very well indeed 8)

TypeRKid

Advanced Member
Just a word of warning for people who are buying Eagle F1's! make sure their E marked and made from Germany only :wink:

dotty

Advanced Member
TypeRKid said:
Just a word of warning for people who are buying Eagle F1's! make sure their E marked and made from Germany only :wink:
The E marked ones from China are ok too, It is the ones made from Thailand that are iffy IIRC

AndyBITR

Advanced Member
I had the Toyo T1-R's fitted, and lost the back end on a relatively slow speed corner. I also didn't like the whole car moving about on jelly thing either, so don't really rate them. :x
I used to fit Eagle F1 GSD3's to my DC2, but the tyres would only last a couple of track days cause they were so soft!! AFAIK the newest F1 Assymetrics are harder so they will prob be better.

I went back to Bridgestones to get that razor sharp feeling of the car back again. I got RE010's for £85 a corner fitted, and have found them to be faultless. Got that turn-in back, and find the car so much more controlable again! My front set lasted about 12k miles, and I fitted a pair of RE050's cause I couldn't get the RE010's, and find them equally as good. :D

Suped

Advanced Member
Just slapped on 4 new F1 XLs, my god, are they way better than pradas. F1s are the way to go... love em! :lol:

kingston

Advanced Member
iPicaso said:
and yes... if you were wondering, i was supposed to get the new tires fitted to the fronts, but the guy must have thought my car was rear wheel drive... lol :xak: he needs shooting.
you quite clearly need to read up on car mechanics and maintenance.

The tyres with the most grip go on the driving wheels and due to new tyres needing a bedding in period, have a sheen on them = less grip.

kingston

Advanced Member
i will subcome to your, by the looks of it, far superior knowledge than i do concerning this issue.

I wish you a pleasant journey and await your post concerning why does my car feel like its on balloons when i drive, why is it understeering or something of similar ilk in the very near future.