TOYO'S T1R 215/45/17 OR EAGLE F1 GSD3??

TypeRKid

Advanced Member
PLEASE SEE BELOW FOR PICTURES:

Toyo Proxes T1-R (Reinforced)
The Proxes T1-R boasts a special performance compound and tread pattern which gives incredible road holding in all conditions, especially in the wet. The V-shaped grooves in the tread pump water away allowing the rubber to grip the road. These are bounded by circumferential grooves which allow the Proxes T1-R to give you even better wet grip whilst being quieter and longer lasting as well. And, whilst practical, these design elements also makes the tyre look spectacular on any car. The Proxes T1-R is introduced in a range of the most popular high performance sizes. It will increasingly cover more sizes from 14" up to 20" and beyond as further sizes are added. Proxes T1-R will gradually replace the Proxes T1-S to be the ultimate tyre for performance use.

Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 XL
The new Eagle F1 high performance tyre combines the OneTRED design of a racing slick, for superb handling, with unique VTRED technology to reduce the chance of aquaplaning. This version is an Extra Load tyre - extra strong for todays low profile larger vehicles.

Has anyone used or are using these tyres OR can give me views because im after some tyres but spoke to a few people and some say the Toyo's are better overall in performance in dry and especially in the wet! But dont last as long because it uses a softer compound whereas the Eagle F1 has been voted the top 10 tyre by top gear and last much longer but obviously it has medium compound and not as good in the wet? So i cant make up my mind on which one to get?? Any ideas? or advice?? :|

Attachments

sherv14

Advanced Member
I like the toyos, I think they stick like a beaut when the tread is above average. Got T1-S though.

iDrew

Advanced Member
I have T1-R's fitted and find them to be great.

I had Eagle F1's on my scoob and the sidewalls split on all 4 tyres :shock:

fenomeno26

Advanced Member
previous Eagle models were not that good. This late one is way better than any Toyo...in fact there was a test perform by Car and Driver for ultra high performance tires and the new Eagles won the Test outperforming all other tires.

Slynx

I've just put 4 new Toyo T1R's on.......................what a difference to the Bridgestone's. Slightly softer ride, much more grip in the wet and dry, quieter ride and overall, feel that they suit the car much better. Just to note that my car is completely standard. Recommended.

Suped

Advanced Member
dan the man said:
TOYOS=CRAP

F1S=GOOD.

get yokos :lol:
Currently have the GDS3s on all 4, but when they are finished, going over to Yoko's as the price difference is minimal over and the performance is better from experiencing both.

Duncs

running Gsd3 good tyre for uk roads ok in wet, they do not seem to wear too badly either.
never had Toyos,
but Yokos next

mikegsi

Staff member
i have goodyears, htey have survived a trackday, adn with teh spoon progressives make the ride good, with 040's the ride is harder due to the re-inforced sidewalls, gets a little jerky on the pedal from cold!

grip is fantastic on both the above sets of tyres, i cant comment on the toyos from experience, but will say that a mate bought a set for his dc2 and after one trackday they were absolutley cream crackered

TypeRKid

Advanced Member
Thanks everyone ive decided what to order now and im going to go for the TOYO'S T1R because alot of people ive spoke to said its the best in the wet which i need because any performance tyre (in my opionion) is good in the dry but its the wet that is the most important so i'm going to give them a try! Not bad though cause i can get either of them for cost price from a mate for (62+vat each!!) :wink:

ally_mac

Advanced Member
i hate these tyre threads, they always confuse the hell outta me when it comes 2gettin new tyres, i never know what to go for

TypeRKid

Advanced Member
good choice! I will let everyone know the result of how these tyres are when i get them fitted hopefully next week! :wink:

mach 1

My toyos T1R 215/45/17 £200 for 2 on the car.

I dont understand the point in going cheep on tyers when you spend so much cash on mods, And then go off the bloody road because you payed money for crap rubber.

Thats what i say !!!!!