TOYO'S T1R 215/45/17 OR EAGLE F1 GSD3??

TypeRKid

Advanced Member
Kingston,

My mate had 4 Prada Spec 2 tyres all round and he said their very good in the dry but not very good in the wet? Whats your experience with them any good??

These Toyo T1R's i can get them for off my mate at cost price 62+VAT each which works out £72.85 inc vat each which is very cheap considering some places charge nearly over £100 just for 1 tyre :!: :!: :eek:

TypeRKid

Advanced Member
TOYO T1R TYRE RESULTS

Hi everyone i have had these Toyo T1R tyres fitted to my car now for over a week and the results is that i find these tyres are made from a very soft compound material and is reinforced.

In the dry these babies stick to the road! and also in the wet (i have never had any tyres like these before which also stick to the road like anything!! No Joke!) these tyres are excellent overall for the price!! I'd recommend getting some people! :wink: Im sticking to these tyres from now on :p

dan the man

Advanced Member
WHAT ABOUT THE SIDEWALL FLEX AND TURN IN?

unot feel it wiggleon motorway when u shake wheel left ot right a bit?

dan

Adz

Advanced Member
I've had all Toyos and F1's all round on my Teg in both winter and summer and I have to say F1's are better in my opinion!
Neither last long... at all!.. well not on the fron tyres at least!.. :wink:
Been throught a set of fronts in about 2 months :shock:

TypeRKid

Advanced Member
DAN: YOU ARE ACTUALLY RIGHT :!: :!: :!:

you mentioned that on the motorway when your going fast and you turn the steering wheel left and right ive noticed that it feels like the car is like running on jelly!! :shock: I thought i must be just me but after reading your comments i think its these tyres now :!:

But these babies still stick to the tarmac even it does this :wink: but it can be very scary though once you go past 120mph :shock: :shock:

Evs

Advanced Member
Just got a set of Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 215/45 ZR17 for £345 inc VAT fitted. Was well happy with that price :D

Protyre Bristol - Clicky

jimmy_atr

Advanced Member
Just ordered 4 x Toyo T1-R's (215x45x17) for the DC5

On www.mytyres.co.uk they are £79.90 each which works out £320 delivered and inclusive of VAT which was the best price i could find.

TypeRKid

Advanced Member
because Dan doesnt like Toyo's hahaha :lol: :lol: Im used to these tyres now excellent in both dry and especially wet!! :wink:

dan the man

Advanced Member
grab hold of one off a wheel and u can nearly turn the sideall inside out. Horrid nasty unresponsivness!

On motor way car can move a few centemteres but tires stay where they are on the road....slop.

:-& :-& :-&

ok u get used to them...but then swap your wheels for some other tires wioth stiff sidewalls and u will be amazed :!:

Ken A

Advanced Member
Ive had that "jelly like" experience with the F1's. good grip but not too sure I liked the squirming. It unsettled the car a bit under heavy braking too.

the other thing I didnt like about F1's was that the thread at the outside of the tyre was very sparce and it wouldnt take long for it to look like the tyre is bald, even though there might be plenty of thread left in the centre. tracking would want to be SPOT ON !!!......something thats hard to have here with the roads the way they are !

What other tyres/compounds are out there suited to British/Irish ( damp/wet mostly) weather ?

sherv14

Advanced Member
I agree with dan, i have had toyos since Ive had the car and its a bit scary at high speeds and especially under heavy braking or even easing off the throttle. Can really feel the back end just wanting to give up traction and there a few seconds of 'oh fcuk'. Personally I think its the geo so im getting that done.

At low speeds it sticks like nothing else though.

Anyway, If geo doesnt sort it then ill be getting new tyres.

daviehonda

just put toyos (tr-1s) on the front on mine, i cant fault them in anyway, high speeds, low speeds, braking etc etc, and superb in the wet, would recommend to anyone.

Jayk

Advanced Member
Stick the OEM tyres. Once you have a them heated up the grip is there. However crap in the wet.

F1's will get destoryed on the track. Toyo's wear to quickly and have sloppy sidewalls.

Yoko Prada's - Had set on the VX220 - Awesome semi slick tyre. Needs heat, easily catch you out, not bad in the wet as you would imagine. Very very strong sidewall, and bumpy ride.

mikegsi

Staff member
everyones preferences are different, and always will be, i like my f1's for normal use, they have been tracked and 1/4 miled, and are still going strong, as have my track tyres (jdm 040's) and they too are still fine, just find the mix of reinforced sidewalls and spoon progressives on our lovely 'smooth' roads(!!!) to be too harsh

linzi94

Advanced Member
i miss my RE040s, they were very quiet and good in the wet and dry.

my toyos are noisey, excellent in the dry but nearly cost me a rear 1/4 in the wet :?

just my tuppance worth!