Toyota Invasion!!

gt-pete

Hi guys..... and girls.

Im Pete, im 21 from the midlands, and i drive a 1992 Toyota Starlet GT Limited.
Now before you start boo'in and hiss'in at me, i am looking at swapping for a DC5, so thought it would be a good idea to get some opinions off you folks!
So please be gentle, i wont have a toyota for much longer, and any help and information would be kindly welcomed!

Thanks, Pete

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
gt-pete said:
Now before you start boo'in and hiss'in at me, i am looking at swapping for a DC5
So please be gentle, any help and information would be kindly welcomed!

Welcome, gt-pete, Tons and tons of info on here. :D

Please have a good looksie around before asking any daft Q's.

You will be shot, if you ask about............

1. Best tyres.
2. Best induction kit.
3. Best lowering kit.

You get the idea mate.

Don't get trashed, as so many do on here,with the first/second post. :idea:

Enjoy your stay. :wink:

gt-pete

cheers dude..... dont worry, induction kits and shopping lists down my door arent my thing! My starlets only very subtle, with "proper" mods, if you get me!
Ive wanted a DC5 for a while now, just waiting untill the right one crops up.... ideally black, low mileage and standard.
Thanks again for the welcome

Gee

I have a Starlet Glanza V and I thinking thinking of getting a DC5 also. My car is far from standard thou, so not sure if I am really going to miss the straight line speed and torque low down. Really need to test drive one!

My car is currently 275hp in a chassis that weighs under 900kg, which is over 300hp per ton, so it is not slow!

I am hoping when I test drive one I will fall in love with it, because I am really in 2 minds with what to do!

Have you test driven a DC5?

logik

Advanced Member
Welcome mate. I think you will find the DC5 an amazing car to drive and one of, if not the best FWD car in its class.

gt-pete

yeah, im with elephant now and they've said they'll insure me!! so im not gonna comlain?! :D
i think it helps haveing a background of fairly decent cars (cough cough Nova GSi... cough cough Fiesta Zetec-S) and obviously the starlet.

Gee...... why dont i know you off the forums?? i dont recognise the name, how've you done the 275bhp??? would be intrested to know the figures on that?!?!

Amd keep an eye out for those black tegs, im ready and waiting for the right one!! :lol:

num0021

Advanced Member
Hi guys..... and girls.

Im Pete, im 21 from the midlands, and i drive a 1992 Toyota Starlet GT Limited.
Now before you start boo'in and hiss'in at me, i am looking at swapping for a DC5, so thought it would be a good idea to get some opinions off you folks!
So please be gentle, i wont have a toyota for much longer, and any help and information would be kindly welcomed!

Thanks, Pete
Go for a test drive so that you can find out for yourself if the DC5 is really what you are after. I am sure you will fall in love with it!

Gee

gt-pete said:
yeah, im with elephant now and they've said they'll insure me!! so im not gonna comlain?! :D
i think it helps haveing a background of fairly decent cars (cough cough Nova GSi... cough cough Fiesta Zetec-S) and obviously the starlet.

Gee...... why dont i know you off the forums?? i dont recognise the name, how've you done the 275bhp??? would be intrested to know the figures on that?!?!

Amd keep an eye out for those black tegs, im ready and waiting for the right one!! :lol:
Which forum mate? I'm active on www.toyotagtturbo.com.

You can see my spec thread here:

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/showthread.php?t=245

Sorry for going off topic a bit :oops:

gt-pete

ahhh..... now i know..... sorry, didnt recognise the name thats all.... im on TGTT too, under the name Petey tho!
glanza's lookin pukka dude.... anyway, this is honda talk now!! :lol: