TPS on the way out?

TheH

I being having this problem for a while now,and after doin some research on it i think my tps is dying but i said id ask on here.
When i changed my throttle body for a hybrid racing 70mm to go on my rbc i just used my oem tps,now even before i changed all of this i used to get a slight jerk while crusing on the motorway,this could happen a few times and then might not happen at all for a few weeks.
So after i changed to RBC and 70mm TB w/old tps which i set up with a voltmeter to proper settings, i went and got the car mapped (AP performance ireland) so i have no issues in that respect. Few weeks later it starts happening again and the best way i can describe it is as if while crusing on a motorway is like jabbing on the brake lightly and quickly giving the jerking effect.I have never had an EML come on so this lead me to believe a fueling issue,i changed the spark plugs,cleaned the air filter(tegiwa box) changed the fuel filter,checked the coils for spark,changed to a different fuel supplier(texaco) still the same issue would come back now and again.and it seems to get worse going over bad roads or hitting cats eyes ect.

The past few days it has got worse,the car bogged down and cut out the other day when driving out of my estate,to save it from cutting out i have clutch in and give it a good rev,very frustrating!
Now i believe its a TPS issue,the jerking while driving(like hitting the brakes) would seem like the butterfly valve is opening and closing or just going mad,usualy when it does this i put my foot all the way down to get it to open fully but does not realy cure the problem just prolongs it,i have enegry polyurethane mount inserts and an Engine torque damper so it is fairly solid in the engine bay so again this makes me believe its TPS related as i know they dont like vibrations (the bad roads and cat eyes)
And this happens sometimes when taking off at light or junctions it hesitates/splutters so i have to put the foot fully down to get it to power through,i dont mind forking out for a k tuned hall effect one because if its not TPS then im lost,what do you think??
Cheers

DC5_Bonson

Advanced Member
Sounds like It could be TPS related... but what about the butterfly bearing shaft on the 70mm TB, have you checked that? In some cases, the bearings on the shaft could be worn, and can not provide a good seal which gives an unstable throttle response.

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
If you've got kpro you can output the tps on the screen and it'll show where the fault lies

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

TheH

No i havnt checked the shaft but the tb only has about 15k kms on it,and the hybrid racing are not know to stick at all so i dont think that would be the problem,but il check anyway.
Yeah i have kpro,i dont have my laptop either,i have ordered an ktuned hall effect tps so hopefully im right!

A

Aaron

Turns out it was the TPS,simple to fit and set up and the K tuned is more or less a permanent fix would highly recommend the hall effect