Track day friendly exhausts

RobS

Advanced Member
Interesting topic, I had my first trackday today and feel like I need an exhaust next. Is the Regu not quieter than OEM with those db numbers?

James-T

Advanced Member
This is what my Regu sounds like -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-wY1o3Z4Dg

linh-ej9

Advanced Member
Some say it sounds like a figther jet, and that it roars in VTEC. all we know is it's a REGU06&R

donzooo

Advanced Member
What about a decent twinbox custom to your specification?

I always do that because of my mad love for N1 angled exits y0

Linus27

Advanced Member
I have an OEM 4-2 manifold, Spoon 2-1 manifold, Spoon B-Pipe and OEM back box and mine is 94db static.

mil1lion

Advanced Member
RobS said:
Interesting topic, I had my first trackday today and feel like I need an exhaust next. Is the Regu not quieter than OEM with those db numbers?
at low revs it is but in VTEC it screams. Had mine out on Donington which is one of the stricter for sound limits & it had no probs

woods206

The regu 06 r is now up for roughly 63000 yen on sale. That's about 325£. Surely that's a bargain? Even with adding 30% plus shipping.

DopeDragon

Advanced Member
If you want to do a track day just do it with standard exhaust. Replacing the exhaust on a teg will make FA difference.
How many track days have you done? Just enjoy your car, its a beautifully engineered car as standard. Go to the track and drive it!

Rom

Advanced Member
I ran an oem cat back on track, with a Buddyclub manifold, so still no cat.
It certainly robbed power, noticeably so. Vtec didn't pull as hard, and took longer to start pulling.

That said, its mapped to a Buddyclub spec 3 and made a lot more than standard. So I assume that's why. And it wasn't just the noise making it seem slower. I ran it for a week.

Noise wise...

Mine, buddyclub header oem cat back was 94db I think.
Buddyclub system was 110db.
Another teg with dc sports header and spoon n cat back was 104db.

BenLAST

Advanced Member
The Fujitsubo rm01a I had on mine originally was properly quite I thought, below the 97 limit. That was with a header and decat. Now i'm using a Tanabe and I think its probably over the track limit

Linus27

Advanced Member
My DC5 with Spoon 2-1 decat, spoon b-pipe and OEM back box is 94db. I also have a Fujisubo Power Getter cat back system in the loft. I wonder if fitting this will make it a little louder??

cjh1981

Advanced Member
woods206 said:
The regu 06 r is now up for roughly 63000 yen on sale. That's about 325£. Surely that's a bargain? Even with adding 30% plus shipping.
I got mine for just over £500 inc delivery and only took 7 days to get here from RHDjapan. And have a bill of £62 for tax if I remember correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk