Track day noob

RichA

Advanced Member
To anyone doing their first Trackday I'd really reccomend Bedford autodrome, it's a good varied track but nice and flat and plenty of run off. The facilities are first class too, I'd sooner do a full day open pitlane rather then sessions as then you can go out and do 2 laps come back in then do longer sessions as you grow in confidence, or if your tyres/brakes are getting hot you can come in at any point to cool off.

_BILLY_EK9_

Advanced Member
I'd say Bedford is the best location to do your first track day, it's just a flat surface with plenty of run off. An open pit lane style would be best as no one is under pressure to get the maximum amount of track time into a time slot. come the evening everyone is relaxed and spent so it's the perfect time to go out for a novice.

spooke

Advanced Member
+1 for Bedford, I went on the West Circuit. That layout has a mix of short straights, chicanes and hairpins - there was nothing that I thought I should becareful off as there was so much run off, plus I never left 3rd gear haha.

Rogue Status

Did my first track day at Bedford on Saturday and it was great. As mentioned above plenty of run off and no scary barriers that you could go into. It was a learning curve to begin with as 95% of the people there had done track days before and everyone was driving pretty quick cars. Once you build in confidence it's great fun in the DC5. Make sure your exhaust is quiet tho. I only have an aftermarket backbox and I failed the initial db check. Had to put the baffle in which restricted the car I felt. Went for £80 track insurance through Morris for peace of mind.