Track days and instructors in the North-east

coconat

Advanced Member
Hello folks, i'm curious if anyone knows of reputable instructors based in the north-east that offer sessions on track?

I'm mainly looking to do this in the near future to see what the DC5 can do but i've also come from driving a 1.2 to this..it's been a huge step and I want to feel more confident in how I drive the car and learn how to handle it so i'll have many happy years with the teg driving it properly and getting the most out of it.

Any advice would be appreciated. Alternatively always open to meeting with local experienced teg owners who might be so kind as to give me some tips and advice sometime, krispy kreme doughnuts may be offered ;)

Cheers

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
Hey there,

Im based in the NE up in Gosforth but looking to do some track days in the near future down in Teeside. If i set any up or any are setup that I am attending i will let you and other know via here maybe come down and meet some of my mates, a few that have been doing tracks a while on all types of cars and also my mechanic and they might be able to give you some tips/pointers.

Let me know if that would be of any help to you pal.

Gordon

coconat

Advanced Member
Hi Gordon, you've actually spoken to me before I think way back last year when I first set out to start the serious saving :) still as helpful as ever!

I'm actually from Blyth and work up by the Quorum Business Park, had no idea you lived so close! I would really appreciate any of the things you have suggested, I have so much to learn still about cars in general and I want to make sure i'm treating the teg right

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
Yeah I moved down here in Sept/Oct last year. <br /><br />any questions, issues or advice give me a shout im more than happy to help and if I cant im sure someone on here will be able to.<br /><br />Gordon

coconat

Advanced Member
dotty said:
Get to the Nürburgring... Easiest track in the world :)
I would have to sell my spleen to fund the fuel costs! Or was that you kindly offering to pay?

Thanks Gordon :) are there many local folks? Maybe it would be nice to get a little summer meeting going somewhere local for a chinwag

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
We are actually hoping to start some barbecues at my mates garage. He does this every year helps attract like minded people for a chinwag and some good food. <br /><br />He is based in Middlesborough (see facebook link in my signature) so bit of a trek for me but good fun non the less.

coconat

Advanced Member
Teegwa said:
We are actually hoping to start some barbecues at my mates garage. He does this every year helps attract like minded people for a chinwag and some good food. <br /><br />He is based in Middlesborough (see facebook link in my signature) so bit of a trek for me but good fun non the less.
Sounds like a good idea for the nicer weather :) I realised that the only way I can really get to know about my car is asking like-minded owners and enthusiasts. I suppose we are lucky for living here in sumemr though, endless amount of gorgeous places to drive and have meets

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
lol yeah let me know if/when you fancy a run out we can get the tegs out for a play with some of the others we have up here get a good catch up and a photo op.

coconat

Advanced Member
Teegwa said:
lol yeah let me know if/when you fancy a run out we can get the tegs out for a play with some of the others we have up here get a good catch up and a photo op.
Sounds good to me :) I would love to test out my new camera actually so that's perfect, maybe in a few weeks time then? weekend hopefully when the sun is out

coconat

Advanced Member
I'm not sure i'll be going to that to be honest- mostly down to fuel costs more than anything, haven't decided what days I want to go this year although I fancy the scottish modified again

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
No worries well we are still trying to figure out what the score is on the Japfest front (more around accommodation do we stay over or convoy it all in a day) but I do have a spare seat that's just came up so if you wanted to go and meet the ITR-DC5 clan at Japfest then you could jump in with me and split fuel costs (I have 1 maybe 2 others in the car to help with the split).

I've PM'd you also ;)

coconat

Advanced Member
I actually might be game for that! any idea roughly how much it would be split in total?

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
I'm waiting to see if we are heading down early doors saturday morning and back saturday night or if a Fri/Sat or both stop over is worth it again all up for debate ill add you to the event page.

coconat

Advanced Member
Welp, if it's all in one day no stops I will probably go, mostly due to work and money really, i'll keep an eye on it

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
No worries ive already paid for the ticket so would only be fuel money if we do a one day turnaround which is likely lol

Steve_DC5

Advanced Member
coconat said:
Hello folks, i'm curious if anyone knows of reputable instructors based in the north-east that offer sessions on track?

I'm mainly looking to do this in the near future to see what the DC5 can do but i've also come from driving a 1.2 to this..it's been a huge step and I want to feel more confident in how I drive the car- I feel i've picked up some bad habits driving a corsa for three years and want to correct them so i'll have many happy years with the teg driving it properly and getting the most out of it.

Any advice would be appreciated. Alternatively always open to meeting with local experienced teg owners who might be so kind as to give me some tips and advice sometime, krispy kreme doughnuts may be offered ;)

Cheers
You got a standard exhaust? Croft 88db days are your best bet and get some instruction on the day.

Used to do Teeside on the Saturday nights before they stopped (in my ek9) think you would get bored to easy on a full day in a DC5 plus it kills your tyres.

Ronnie31

Think i may have saw you on quorum yesterday, i was in a friends ek9.

When i bought a ep3 a good few years back i got a days driving instruction on the road. It was really good and learned a lot about what the car could do. I will try and find the name of the instruction company

coconat

Advanced Member
Ronnie31 said:
Think i may have saw you on quorum yesterday, i was in a friends ek9.

When i bought a ep3 a good few years back i got a days driving instruction on the road. It was really good and learned a lot about what the car could do. I will try and find the name of the instruction company
You parked behind me at Greggs? :) yes I saw you, loved the car sounded the dogs wotsits