Track Rod End Boots

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Does anyone know the size of or where to buy DC5 fitment track tod end boots instead of complete track rod ends. Mine were a little damaged when removing them and fitting my new suspension but I want to get new boots on them in case I ever need to re-fit any other suspension and so would need these also.

Thanks

PS looking on ebay you can buy generic sizes but I don't know what size I would need for these

ollieh17

Advanced Member
Also been looking for these. Post part numbers if you find them please.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

ste01

Advanced Member
I've got some somewhere, if I dig them out later I'll put the part numbers up unless someone beats me to it

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I've got some somewhere, if I dig them out later I'll put the part numbers up unless someone beats me to it
Thanks would really appreciate that as they will be good to get ahead of ever needing them and saves me buying new track rod ends

ste01

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
Thanks would really appreciate that as they will be good to get ahead of ever needing them and saves me buying new track rod ends
Had a look through my old load of supplies/packets from my old DC5 and I found 2 packets from boots. I remember asking Honda for track rod end boots so it should be either 51225-SL5-003 or 52362-S30-003.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Had a look through my old load of supplies/packets from my old DC5 and I found 2 packets from boots. I remember asking Honda for track rod end boots so it should be either 51225-SL5-003 or 52362-S30-003.
Thanks very much, I will contact Honda and see what they say and what the availability is line.

Cheers

Carl

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I've just found out something interesting.

Called my local Honda dealership to enquire about track rod ends, had to do a search on the system as the VIN wasn't coming up.

Anyway he called me back, they can get them in next delivery UK and that the DC5 shares the same TRE as a CRV. Wonder if other parts are shared with a CRV then?

Before anyone says anything, yes I know that Area Motorsport and Tegiwa sell TRE's for our cars. Was just a general enquiry more than anything.

Cheers

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
I've just found out something interesting.

Called my local Honda dealership to enquire about track rod ends, had to do a search on the system as the VIN wasn't coming up.

Anyway he called me back, they can get them in next delivery UK and that the DC5 shares the same TRE as a CRV. Wonder if other parts are shared with a CRV then?

Before anyone says anything, yes I know that Area Motorsport and Tegiwa sell TRE's for our cars. Was just a general enquiry more than anything.

Cheers

Good info to have mate thanks, I never bothered with the new boots and if I ever revert back to OEM suspension or similar to sell the car I will buy ned TRE's. I would always opt for Honda genuine over the Area Motorsport and Tegiwa ones but have used Tegiwa a lot for OEM Honda parts recently and their service and delivery times have been flawless.

ste01

Advanced Member
Yeah tons of parts are generic between loads of Honda's of a similar age. I always find going direct to Honda (or getting my garage to order from them) is cheaper than Tegiwa. Tegiwa do a good service and are worth checking though because they often carry stock for our cars whereas you might have to wait for Honda to get stock. Depends how desperate you are :)

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
Good info to have mate thanks, I never bothered with the new boots and if I ever revert back to OEM suspension or similar to sell the car I will buy ned TRE's. I would always opt for Honda genuine over the Area Motorsport and Tegiwa ones but have used Tegiwa a lot for OEM Honda parts recently and their service and delivery times have been flawless.
Handy to know isn't it.

Are the Area/Tegiwa stuff not Honda OE then no? I thought they were. I don't buy a lot from Tegiwa but their OE Track Rod Ends are nearly a tenner less than buying from Honda.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
ste01 said:
Yeah tons of parts are generic between loads of Honda's of a similar age. I always find going direct to Honda (or getting my garage to order from them) is cheaper than Tegiwa. Tegiwa do a good service and are worth checking though because they often carry stock for our cars whereas you might have to wait for Honda to get stock. Depends how desperate you are :)
Ha ha depends how desperate you are lol.

I've a feeling I may need some tomorrow tbh pal. I've so far called North Wales Honda and David at Steels Honda who was really helpful.