Trackday advice

macer

Advanced Member
I’m running a set of D2s and Yokohama A048 semi-slicks for the first time, also I’m doing a full trackday for the first time. :D I normally just do the half day.

For the trackday I have set the D2’s to 16/36 at the back and 9/36 on the front, thinking of setting the PSI to about 28.

The above is just a guess on a good setup, does anyone have trackday experience with the above and what settings worked for you.

Thanks.

celox performance

Advanced Member
I'm running exactly the same set up as you and put 28psi all round in the tyres but you'll need to play around with your suspension on track. I sometimes have 3/36 (front) and 32/36 (rear) on some very tight tracks and the other way round, eg. 18/36 (front) and 3/36 (rear) on other tracks which have long fast sweeping bends like Oulton Park and Aintree. It depends on what toe & camber settings you have as well :?

Just make sure that you scrub the tyres in for a couple hundred miles before you go silly on track otherwise they'll be greasy.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
my best bit of advice is not to make too many changes to the settings, try to learn the circuit with what you know.

BUT biggest thing is to keep an eye on your oil level. make sure you don't go out unless its at least on the max, esp with semi's

have a good time

macer

Advanced Member
I always carry a tin of Oil on trackdays just in case. Think I will just see how the car feels on the first few labs and play around with the setup if need be.

I'd strongly recommend a baffled sump if you are doing a trackday - particularly with semi slicks.

Long fast corners can literally be an engine killer!

You can get the drop in types for around £150.