Trackday Insurance?

DP.

Advanced Member
Hi,

I was wondering if people bother with trackday insurance when they go?

If so then who with and what are the costs involved?

Cheers

Sharpey

Advanced Member
Hi DP,

I think most people don't bother with it, I enquired once and was quoted £350 for the day so that was the end of that.

jonster

Advanced Member
Worrying about being insured will slow you down on the track :)

I don't bother. I just trust myself to know my limits and not let the red-mist take-over. If I do, I make sure I've got a track with plenty of run-off ie Bedford.

The Teg is the most forgiving car on the track I know. The only time I've been in trouble is when the tyres are too hot and start to melt which reduces the grip to almost nothing.

Jon

jonster

Advanced Member
Oh yeah. Don't brake on a bend. That's only thing I can explain Si's awsome manoeuvre at Combe :)

T666YPR

Nah,wasn't breaking,was 'cos I'd overcooked it into the corner then lifted off whilst drifting towards the pit wall rather quickley :oops:

The "no comment" referred to both the insurance and what happens on cold tyres as well as hot :oops: :lol:

I'll learn one day :wink:

Simon

jonster

Advanced Member
I don't know of anyone who has managed to drift the DC5!!! Cool. I didn't see you do it but it sounded awesome :)

I guess it comes to the same think if you lift off or brake and make the back-end go light on the bend.

Real shame you can't make Bedford. Franz has done some nice spins there. He is a nutter on the brakes though.

Jon

T666YPR

Don't get me wrong,I had no intention of drifting,just cocked up :oops: :lol:

Won't be too long before the mid-week track days start up :D

DP.

Advanced Member
o dear.. so did it turn out to be an expensive ordeal?

and well.... its not my driving im concerned about.. ive already done a couple of trackdays in my current car.. its the other people on the track that im more concerned about.

I might be going a trackday to angelsey in feb.. just wondering which car to take :?

T666YPR

Fortunately all that was hurt was my pride :)

Plentyish amounts of run-off at CC's Camp Corner.

If you're on track with cars of a similar performance,you'll find most people will lap similar to each other at first so you get to know the lines and limits.If you stick to the right lines when someone else gets it wrong,they'll be heading in a different direction to yourself anyway,so should be easy to avoid behind them and you're clear of them in front.At trackdays you're meant to leave a decent gap unless overtaking,which is only on straights,so all should be well :)

Simon

DP.

Advanced Member
yea i guess your right.... i have had no problems recently but what was with a tracked up 2l corsa that wasn't worth any where near as much as the teg thats on its way...

i guess its just a little daunting taking the new beast onto the track thats all

truffs

have you noticed that simon has 'failed' to metion that his 'little' mistake is all captured on video if im not very much mistaken :?: :wink:

truffs

my mistake Simon :wink: whos the guy then on one of the videos that gets it serverly wrong in a DC5 and takes it for a bit of grass cutting then :?: :shock:

T666YPR

If it was that very wet track day vid (think Mike posted it),I think it was inside a Prelude.

I may be wrong.

ps2london

Advanced Member
heh jonster

i spinned becuase i was dreaming.... forgot to brake at ALL!!!!!!!!!!

as soon as i lift off the gas, car spinned!!!!!!!!!! lucky not on the grass.... remember the other guy spinned on the other side, car roll over!!!