Trackdays

Mark_teg

Staff member
With the sunny season approaching, a couple of mates and I are thinking of a trackday (our 1st) and obviously a major factor is insurance.

Just wondering who you guys have used and the prices, excess and max sum payable??
Im currently with A-plan. Would they cover me at the extra cost and would it affect my NCD if it goes tits-up! I should ring them I suppose..
Obviously we're quite limited being an import.

Please dont flame me if there's a post somewhere :lol:

Paul G

Members
You could try H I C, they will inc track cover......Or i ins my car with Competition Car Ins, there tel : 0115 941 5255.

Hope that helps

Paul.

lockwood77

Advanced Member
I don't think you'll get track cover with A Plan from my experience.

Paul, is that cover with Comp Car Ins (Egger Lawson) on a per-event basis or annual cover? They didn't do annual cover when I asked, but it would be useful cos it's over £100 a pop otherwise!

Mark_teg

Staff member
I should've mentioned I'm looking on a per event basis tbh. Though I can see an annual basis being handy for some.
I'll give them a try, cheers Paul. Any idea on prices? Im 24, 6 yrs driving, 3 NCD iirc, 1 accident (gf :evil: ).
Cheers

lockwood77

Advanced Member
It's usually based on a percentage of the value of the car (as stated by the owner). Prices went up a little while ago, it was about £100 when I did it last October but when I enquired again, it was £145 (think that included an extra named driver though, which I needed for the missus). That was valuing the car at £12k I think.

Conversely, for less than £500 a year, I can insure the RX-7 for 5000 miles a year on the road and get five trackdays included! :roll:

Paul G

Members
lockwood77 said:
I don't think you'll get track cover with A Plan from my experience.

Paul, is that cover with Comp Car Ins (Egger Lawson) on a per-event basis or annual cover? They didn't do annual cover when I asked, but it would be useful cos it's over £100 a pop otherwise!
No sorry, it's off road cover i have with them (eg the car cannot be taxed)...Just thought it maybe worth giving them a call to see if they do per-event cover as well, as there prices seem good.

Paul.

kingston

Advanced Member
A-PLan dont do track insurance, the only company i know that offers it as part of the main package is HIC (who are brokers though)

Try the 2 sticky number plates in the track chat section as one allows you to have multiple days on it. though if your insurance is due soon, id consider going with HIC - mine went up by 500 quid to inc track days but ive since done the 4+ days to recoup the money i would have spent on doing it via an independant

ian.herm01

Advanced Member
the best solution is to buy another cheap car to do track days, then if you have an off it won't be tears. Also tarck day insurance has huge excess and don't they limit payout to 70% of the cars value?

I got a 170 bhp CRX del sol as my track day car. Quite quick and bits are cheap as chips for example bonnet £20, boot lid £15, roof 10, front wings £15-20....etc. Oh and tyres are £45 a corner fitted for yokohama's. Can be seen at cadwell park 19 May :shock: