tracking settings, have i messed up?

sinbad

Advanced Member
I had my tracking done today and had both the fronts set to 0.5- degree each and the rear 0.5+ degree each. Giving me -1degree at the front and +1 degree at the back.

Ive now read that the settings should have been in mm and not degrees!! have i messed up big time? how far out will my suspension be? :cry:

gixer750

Advanced Member
0.05 of a degree would be closer to what you need. (0.10 deg total out at front and 0.10 total toe in at the back is close, but don't quiz me on it, its just close to what you want) :?
0.5 is a huge amount and would be visually noticeable and a pig to drive.
if the car feels ok, then you may just be reading the figures innaccurately.
you can get conversion tables to change mm to degrees etc...
hope this helps. :wink:

sinbad

Advanced Member
gixer750 said:
0.05 of a degree would be closer to what you need. (0.10 deg total out at front and 0.10 total toe in at the back is close, but don't quiz me on it, its just close to what you want) :?
0.5 is a huge amount and would be visually noticeable and a pig to drive.
if the car feels ok, then you may just be reading the figures innaccurately.
you can get conversion tables to change mm to degrees etc...
hope this helps. :wink:
frig!!!

how do i get it back straight again??? god dammit!!

gixer750

Advanced Member
what did you use to get half a degree? can you use the same gear to put them back?
just to add, there are various measuring systems used by different manufacturers. 0.05 degrees woud be decimal degrees with this figure being 5 hundredths of a degree.
you also have degrees and minutes of a degree, i believe there are 60 minutes to one degree.
so 0.05 minutes is slightly different to 0.05 degrees
my first post should really have read 0.05 minutes is close to recommendations.
hope i haven't confused anyone :?

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Tracking (TOE) is usually measured in mm not degres.

look at the set up info

gixer750

Advanced Member
just looked thru an autodata book, if your set up reads
0,5' this would be 0 degrees and 5 minutes of toe out
that same reading in mm is 0.5mm so if your chart is actually minutes instead of whole degrees, you are not far away.
(for reference, 0,5' minutes is 0.08 decimal degrees according to this 15 years out of date book) :lol:
£35 is cheap, would suggest a more indepth check at a recommended centre

sinbad

Advanced Member
gixer750 said:
just looked thru an autodata book, if your set up reads
0,5' this would be 0 degrees and 5 minutes of toe out
that same reading in mm is 0.5mm so if your chart is actually minutes instead of whole degrees, you are not far away.
(for reference, 0,5' minutes is 0.08 decimal degrees according to this 15 years out of date book) :lol:
£35 is cheap, would suggest a more indepth check at a recommended centre
No is all laser aligned, ive taken loads of my cars there and its always spot on. It was my mistake giving the guy the wrong settings. I thought it was 1 degree and not 1mm. :oops: :roll:

£25 for the front and £35 for all four. Its a great system, its all done in real time so as he is adjusting it you can see the toe settings change on the PC. He even had the integra type r factory settings in the database... brill piece of kit. Think its called a SUPATRACKER or something like that.

I'll check my printout but im pretty sure its in degrees

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
sinbad, check his settings are for a 2002 onwards ITR,
as nearly all the machines i have seen have the dc2 settings which are listed as 2001 ITR

the dc2 settings are different to the dc5, if he is going to adjust anything add a bit of negative camber all round (you won't get much with std parts just slop in the bolts) it will help a little with grip.

the std setup is posted here somewhere, if not pm me i'll dig out an old sheet.

sinbad

Advanced Member
cheers si, yes its for 2001-2003 cars so must be dc5. like i said, he didnt go of the listed settings, i asked him to put 0.5 degrees on each wheel. my fault i just messed, up. i'll go back and get it done again. i must admit its not made things that bad. the back end moves alittle more and follows camber abit more too, but nothing that bad. i'll sort before the end of the month. Got the printout here, i'll scan it in thurs.