Tried to redeem some PC games.

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Hi all.

This morning I took thirteen PC games to a well known computer games/electrical outlet. They specialize in exchange of items for cash or credit.

Among them was all the Black Ops series, Max Payne 3, MOH etc. I wanted cash in exchange as there's not any games I'm interested in at present, plus I'm still playing Far Cry 3, Dishonoured and the Skyrim expansion pack.

Out of all games there was only two they could take. The price worked out at seven and a half quid. The reason I could'nt sell the others I was told was that apparently when the product key was entered on my computer an unknown authority code was generated.

This apparently stops any other person from playing the games on a different computer. I settled for the cash. I was asked for me credit card, name address etc.

I was then asked for me driving licence. It was in the car so of to the car park got me licence and back to the shop. When I got there they could'nt accept the licence cos it did'nt have me photo on. I showed me bus pass, which has a photo on, but as you might expect, not acceptable.

So, took me two games and left.

Apologies for rattling on but the real point seems that sometimes there are items that you lawfully own but can't sell to someone else.

I could sell me DC5, if I was daft enough. I could sell me ramps and me mobility scooter, which one member on here impishly suggests I have. But I cant sell PC games which I lawfully own because some game manufactures block me from doing so.

Is it a breach of me human rights. It seems to be. Some thoughts on it will be be appreciated.

Thanks for your patience. Regards. Granty.

Modmedia

Advanced Member
To be honest, it's not really the case that you can't SELL the games it's the fact that they don't WANT to buy them.

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Modmedia said:
To be honest, it's not really the case that you can't SELL the games it's the fact that they don't WANT to buy them.
Hi.

You might have a point there. I noticed that the shop manager was looking over the shoulder of the young lad who was passing the bar codes through their system. I've been in the place before and its full of second hand XBox PS3 etc games, but not a lot of PC games.

What's your thoughts on manufacturers that accept your cash for, say a new PC game, but then denies you the right to sell it on to someone else after you've had the pleasure of playing it.

Regards. Granty.

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
Its the same as xbox and ps3 games where you need a code to play them online. People can trade them in but the new owner will be told that they need to contact the publisher and pay for another code to enable them to play the second hand game online. I would imagine this is the same for PC games.

Granty1056

Advanced Member
CaLi said:
Its the same as xbox and ps3 games where you need a code to play them online. People can trade them in but the new owner will be told that they need to contact the publisher and pay for another code to enable them to play the second hand game online. I would imagine this is the same for PC games.
Cheers Cali. I did'nt realize that but I can see the reasoning behind it. So it seems that despite me having some really decent and recent FPS and RPG games, they maybe just did'nt want em, as Modmedia suggested.

Regards.

nellly

Advanced Member
with most pc games now a days you don't even own them you just rent them from the publisher. well that's how they word the EULA.