Trouble with kpro

Huubess

I recently got a facelift dc5 with kpro on it the car started to hunt and hesitate but would misfire at around 2,500 rpm but I tried to get the computer on so downloaded kpro manager with the latest software and I can't get live data or anything it is saying the ecu has to old of a version but I can't do anything with the ecu it won't let me configure the ecu to the program but it is saying my ingnition is on and that drivers are installed need some help

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
I get the message appear, but just click ok or yes.

Once it is plugged in, and ignition is on, there should be a lightning bolt symbol to click. This syncs Kpro to Kmanager.

You can then view sensors etc, or click the red dot symbol to start recording a datalog, which will appear in the "Graph" tab on the top.

That's unless you have K100 which doesn't allow datalogging.

Huubess

Well when I press that it says that the ecu version is older than the version I am using and that I need to calibrate the ecu but then even in the drop down to do that it won't work

Huubess

Well when I press that it says that the ecu version is older than the version I am using and that I need to calibrate the ecu but then even in the drop down to do that it won't work

redcap

Advanced Member
I have the same problem with mine, I wanted to data log to check it's all ok but it's not having it. It says the same MSG's as you. I gave up in the end, I might have to take it to a tuner but I don't really want to pay for basic info like this. It's pretty annoying!

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
Try downloading an older version of kmanager? Have a look on the hondata forums as you won't be the first person to have this problem and there will be a thread about it and most likely a fix for this problem

redcap

Advanced Member
I tried the older kmanager from the hondata website but it still said there was a problem with the drivers. I'll have a look on the forum though and see if there's any tips/advice on there.

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
It could be password locked by the previous tuner so nothing you try will work, except for a datalog.

Huubess

I now have older version of kpro I can datalog but cant set anything myself does this mean it's locked to the mapper?

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
To check, go to Online - Information.

This will give you information about the software version, hardware version, map version and the security status.

Where did you get the older version from by the way? I am trying to get hold of 3.0.3.0

Huubess

Not mapping my self just need to set Tps up but will just do it old school way with a multimeter

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
The only problem may be setting it correctly, but Kmanager having a different min/max setting. I would think it deffinitely needs calibrating regardless, might be wrong though.

Huubess

Surely if I start a new calibration with one of those options for like type s an stuff it would mess my ecu up an put those settings on

VT-Doo

RushDoo
If you are having difficulties datalogging then you need to at least know when it was tuned. I have many older versions of K-Pro I can send...don't all rush at once though!

I've said it MANY times...if you have K-Pro and its been tuned by somebody else you MUST have the calibration file!

If you are having the above problem and have the existing calibration which is in the car then I strongly recommend uploading the calibration again, with the latest KManager.

I bet there are still a lot of people on here not doing this so are not getting the latest benefits KPro offers, knock control for a start.

I don't mind helping people on this matter but you need to know how to operate KManager to a certain degree first. If you're in Central Scotland then you're already onto a winner.

Thanks,