Trying to get a quote

Palmerino

I've started trying to gather qoutes today and I've exhausted most opportunities,

SKY: won't insure me
Flux, will insure me for nearly 3k
heritage: Ridiculous amounts
sainsbury's: Won't insure me until 25.

Im 20 with 2 years NCB, are there any other options for me?

alan-lee

Advanced Member
I was with greenlight from the age of 22 to 24 only changed this year as got a better deal with flux

Palmerino

Tim@Prestige said:
Please feel free to try our scheme :)
I meant prestige not heritage at the top, sorry! I go in touch with yout team eho adv 7k plus so wasn't really an option :L

Mark_teg

Staff member
Basically, 20y.o and 2 years experience isn't enough.. Try a CTR for a year or two and come back :)

Parry

Advanced Member
Yeah I found admiral to be cheapest so far and I'm 26 with 6 yrs no claims.
I tried greenlight but they wouldn't insure me due to not having a years experience in a similar powered car.
Waiting to here tomorrow from prestige.

Foo King Kwik

Advanced Member
Careful with Admiral. They dont recognise the dc5 and can end up confusing it with a dc2 and insuring it as that.

Greenlight are your best bet. Im 21 and im paying just over 900 quid with them. Top service too.

Palmerino

Neil@Greenlight said:
Cheers Guys for all the recommendations.

Just to confirm our Minimum age for DC5's is 21
Really gutted about this, I do understand it but was so looking forward to being insured with someone who knows what they are talking about.

Neil@Greenlight

Authorised Trader
Palmerino said:
Really gutted about this, I do understand it but was so looking forward to being insured with someone who knows what they are talking about.
If you can run it for a year with someone like Admiral or Sainsburys keeping it standard then switch to us when you are 21. You could potentially cancel your Admiral policy mid year on your 21st birthday and switch then....Admiral i believe issue a refund for your remaining days if cancelled less a £40 fee.

josh92

I managed to get insured on my first teg when I was 20 and that was through skyinsurance had 3years ncb and 3 points cost me 2500 for the year. But gave them proof of previously owning high performance cars. The guy I delt with said I was lucky to even get a quote.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk