Tuning/ECU

David Fox

Advanced Member
Just a very bone question. I have thought about tuning the car for a while, but I was wondering if it is worth doing - now before you all say yes, of course, I only have one mod on my car - Gruppe M Induction. I am undecided whether it is worth it. I may upgrade the exhaust at some point, but thats it. I know there are many things you can do to get hp out of the car, but the Teg is my 'classic' and rarely comes out, plus the fact I am never selling her (again).

Just after a general opinion really. With the lack of mods I have, does it make a worthy difference to the car?

Many thanks,

Foxy

dave c

400hp K20
+ way more fun to drive, frsu, full breathing mods including a nice sounding exhaust is a complete no brainer!

David Fox

Advanced Member
Yes. As you will get better mpg, and more power :)
Stu,

Worth it even with the lack of mods I have?

Dave,

Exhaust will probably be the only other upgrade I will do to the car before the ECU upgrade - If I go ahead with it. I have another car to run and it is rather expensive.......

dotty

Advanced Member
yes mate, it is - Don't forget you can get remaps should you decide to want to mod it further, but yes KPRO/K100 is a worthy mod.

David Fox

Advanced Member
yes mate, it is - Don't forget you can get remaps should you decide to want to mod it further, but yes KPRO/K100 is a worthy mod.
Thank you Stu as ever. I take it CPL are a good tuner? I believe thats the nearest one to the Lake District. Is that who you used when you were based in Catterick?

dotty

Advanced Member
No, I used Tdi North - they would be the closest one for you (I also used Mase)

Stoo

Whining.....
David, if all you are doing is induction an a cat back, ten the expensive outlay to get k100/kpro an a tune really isn't worth it for the relatively small gins you may see.

Especially if you're only using it as a weekend classic type thing.

My 2ps worth anyway.

Granted you may get a little better mpg and power etc but the expense hardly justifys it.

David Fox

Advanced Member
David, if all you are doing is induction an a cat back, ten the expensive outlay to get k100/kpro an a tune really isn't worth it for the relatively small gins you may see.

Especially if you're only using it as a weekend classic type thing.

My 2ps worth anyway.

Granted you may get a little better mpg and power etc but the expense hardly justifys it.
I see your point, It's way off yet anyway before I come home, but I need to spunk my Op Bonus on something! The second car is taken care of money wise, down to 3 to choose from....

David Fox

Advanced Member
I don't need to save it, I have enough in the rainy day fund! Single SNCO, never married, own house paid off, no kids........You know the score!

3 cars are 335d BMW, my Dad's CLS 320 CDI AMG spec with Brabus tune or completely different, an Evo X. Sensible head thinks go for one of the diesels, especially the 335d, they are at good money second hand, but childish thoughts says Evo, and cry about fuel bills later. I would be getting the CLS for 'father/son' rates, plus it is IMO one of the best looking cars made, especially in full AMG Spec. Nice position to be in I know.

Thing is, I do adore my Integra. I have so many ideas about it, I see other people's on here and think I should do that, but then I think I bought it back because I just want to look after it and keep it until either I die or the car does (probably me first knowing Honda reliability!) That specific Integra has been a big part of my life, hence the reason why I bought it back. Maybe I might be better off buying another Integra and tuning that up..................