Tuning for £££'s not ££££'s

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
My car is completely stock, however I've now had it for a little while, I'm getting sudden urges... :roll: :oops:

I haven't really got the money to start spending 2-3K on it. But what would you recommend up to 1k? At the moment I'm only interested in straight line speed, rather than stopping and handling which I believe the DC5 does very well stock.

So, what's it to be...

• Pricey cat back exhaust?
• cheap exhaust and gruppe M?

I heard there's a fair bit to be gained with changing the manifold, but under the impression I can only do that with Kpro. What about the Rbc, can I change that without Kpro and see good gains? Can I fit just Kpro and see improvements? :xconfused: HELP.

logik

Advanced Member
Second hand parts mate. Really, there is no reason you cant get a good cat back system and a good induction kit for well under 1000 sterling.

http://www.japperformanceparts.co.uk/pa ... Search=dc5

This is where i bought my 5Zigen Fireball and they had it with me in Ireland within three days of order.

Very good service.

I am a fan of second hand parts, remember we all look after our cars and there is nothing wrong with buy used parts :)

j30l

Advanced Member
Yes you can put a mappable ecu on a standard car and still see pretty good gain. As you will be able to lean the fueling of loads and change the ignition timing. There for getting better fuel consumption and gaining a bit more bhp and torque.

Then again you have to look at it in the long run. If your planning on change the exhaust/manifold/induction at a later date then you will have to have it mapped to get the full potential out of all them.

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
Any idea, what would give me greater power/flexibility, exhaust and induction kit or kpro on it's own? I like the idea of getting better fuel economy with kpro... would help me justify me spending the money... :wink:

phil r

Advanced Member
tunning for £££ not ££££

Do one stage at a time & enjoy the mod for a while I'v started modding mine after nearly a year & a half of ownership & this is the route I'm taking & why.

1) already have a nice cat back 5 zigon fireball exhaust so that has added alittle more fun factor to the car as well as enhancing the vtec change over point so choose a nice exhaust which suits your taste.
2) I,m going for eibach lowering springs & a fast road set & have sourced springs etc second hand to save a little money :wink: still think this is the best mod after going out in jonsters kprod teg
3) good induction kit gruppe m, aem etc but will be going for a cold feed system for 2 reasons the nice induction roar in vtec & for good breathing , look for one second hand to save money
4 then save up for kpro as every thing else which will have been done will all benifit the kpro basically stage 1 tunning package whilst seriosly sorting out the handling & enjoying the new sounds of the car

Jayk

Advanced Member
Re: tunning for £££ not ££££

phil r said:
Do one stage at a time & enjoy the mod for a while I'v started modding mine after nearly a year & a half of ownership & this is the route I'm taking & why.

1) already have a nice cat back 5 zigon fireball exhaust so that has added alittle more fun factor to the car as well as enhancing the vtec change over point so choose a nice exhaust which suits your taste.
2) I,m going for eibach lowering springs & a fast road set & have sourced springs etc second hand to save a little money :wink: still think this is the best mod after going out in jonsters kprod teg
3) good induction kit gruppe m, aem etc but will be going for a cold feed system for 2 reasons the nice induction roar in vtec & for good breathing , look for one second hand to save money
4 then save up for kpro as every thing else which will have been done will all benifit the kpro basically stage 1 tunning package whilst seriosly sorting out the handling & enjoying the new sounds of the car
Id do it that way, but id go manifold 1st as this will give more power and torque than any other breathing mod.