Turbo Conversion

CPL Racing

pjonline said:
The guy at cpl racing said the internals on the ivtec engine can take up to 400bhp before having to touch them up!
I think there must have been a misunderstanding here. The standard internals are definately not up to 400 bhp. We have 3 cars fitted with our turbo kit which have been on the road (Daily driven) for over 6 months now with 290bhp. I think this is the max for reliability, however short busts with slightly more power at the drag strip would be ok.

Guy

Zero7

Advanced Member
Not sure a car would be too drivable with anything over 240-250whp, mine is at 226.1 and I'm not sure I would want any more.

truffs

Zero7 said:
Not sure a car would be too drivable with anything over 240-250whp, mine is at 226.1 and I'm not sure I would want any more.
trust me mate it is workable, i lived with mine for two years and loved ever moment of it :lol:

typertillidie

I was just wondering because i have been chatting to geoff at full race.com in the states and they are getting 500-700bhp on standard internals with the pro street conversions and he was telling me that the problem here is that there is lot more down to the mapping?

And that he lists this to me with no problems!

DC5 is called an "RSX" here in the states. The turbo kits to consider are here:

http://www.full-race.com/catalog/index. ... =24_143_98

you should figure out how much power you are looking to make, considering the GT options, then you can narrow it down to turbo selection.

The only major difference in the kits is the turbocharger.

The parts you will need in addition to this are:

-Intank walbro 255 high pressure fuel pump
-larger fuel injectors (750cc high impedance are recommended)
-Hondata KPro
-recommend that you fabricate a return line to the gas tank with an external fuel pressure regulator, and disable the factory regulator

i hope this helps. feel free to ask any other questions

They even run up to 600bhp on a standard tranny!!

Its just amazing that these have been running 600+civics on standard internals for years and if you look on the evans tuning or full-race websites lots and lots of people have had these conversions with no problems for 2-3 years?

Why are we not up to this stage?

The pro street kit complete with manifold and all equipment necessary is $4999 absolutly amazing!

Honda K-Series Stage 4 ProStreet (700 hp) $4,999.00

Full-Race K-Series stage 4 turbo kit. The stage 4 kit is based upon our largest T3 framed turbocharger, the T3/T67 H.O. This kit provides fair throttle response with a great amount of midrange and tremendous top end power. This retains all accesories such as PS and AC.

Applications available

'02-04 Civic Si

'02-06 RSX
Applications Notes:
The K series turbo kit was engineered to be the most powerful kit available. By being so, you must modify the following components during installation:

Must run smaller sized battery.

Coolant lines.

Fuel line.

Brake booster and other misc. vacuum lines.

Power steering line.

Misc. wiring.
Kit includes:

Full-Race T3 ProStreet Manifold

Thick wall stainless steel construction
Top mount design
Precision robotic TIG welding
Made in the USA
Flanged for TiAL 44mm wastegates only
Full-Race 3" 4-bolt Downpipe

Stainless steel construction
Precision hand TIG welding
Smooth transition for maximum performance
Full-Race Intercooler

All aluminum Air-to-Air Intercoolers are oven braze, 100% TIG welded and have 15 fins per inch.
Extruded tube and fin design for minimal pressure drop
Full-Race T3/T67 H.O. Turbo

Different trims and ARs available to support your power goals.

Tial 44mm Wastegate

Multiple spring rates available

Tial 50mm Blow Off Valve

Non recirculating valve, billet aluminum, extremely high quality

Full-Race Intercooler Piping

2.5 in. mandrel bent aluminum
Full-Race Oil Line Kit

Feed and return from block to oil pan and everything in between.
Full-Race Vacuum Line Kit

All lines and fitting required to plumb the turbo system and related accesories.
Full-Race Hardware Kit

Includes all hardware required to bolt on the kit.
Full-Race Gasket Kit

Includes all necessary gaskets.
Full-Race Silicon Coupler Kit

2.5" silicon couplers with Full Race logo. Couplers are constructed from 2 ply fiberglass reinforced silicone with a 110 wall thickness.

Full-Race Hose Clamp Kit

T-bolt clamps included for every coupler.

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
No doute people run High Boost on standard internals... but these will only last a very short time... hence only really used for drag strip...

typertillidie

This is just it a short time 2-3years thats not so short with that conversion?

They also use these cars for street racing the majority of the converted!

Not for drag/track racing !

I do feel that we do not know the true potential of these cars and capabilities and are way off the american tuners!!

Dont want to start a uk v us debate just by talking to Geoff at full race he says the majority is down to the mapping knowledge.