Turbo kit

wj51fut

Advanced Member
LewisK20 said:
Reading that has massively put me off turboing mine just knowing there is that chance as I have already had one engine go. Has anyone ever had problems with supercharging a K series engine even if done on the cheap?
Modification should never be done cheap. Especially forced induction. Turbo or supercharged, you need the right components to go with it to stop the engine or associated parts from going bang.

davidpingu

Advanced Member
If turbo goes bang it can quite often take the engine with it. I'll stick with N/A I think. I don't earn enough to be putting that sort of money in to it and if I did I'd probably just buy a 911!

Lewis93

Advanced Member
Gok (aka Chinese Adam) said:
Modification should never be done cheap. Especially forced induction. Turbo or supercharged, you need the right components to go with it to stop the engine or associated parts from going bang.
I'm not going to do it on the cheap I just wondered if there was ever any danger of superchargers messing with the engine. Think I'm gonna go for JRSC. Cheers Adam

beppe786

Beppe
supercharger is great.. safe low psi makes great power

steady rpm linked buildup of boost helps traction and less strain on gearbox clutch engine

mines running around 7.8psi boost / its run like NA but on steroids!

dotty

Advanced Member
I'd imagine that much power would totally change the DC5 characteristics. I'd imagine 300 bhp would be a challenge driving in this weather.

R-39294

A friend of mine ( here in Greece) running his Civic Type-R Fn2 Turbo almost for 2 and half years without any problems
His engine specs includes
i) Turbo Garrett GT3076r
ii) Injectors ID 1000cc
iii) external wastegate Precision 46mm
iv) Blow off valve Tail 50mm
v) fuel pump walbro 255lt/h
vi) competition clutch stage 5
vii) supertech valves springs + retainers (by same company )
viii) map sensor 4bar Hondata
ix) Turbo Insulation Kit
x) custom 76mm exhaust, header and downpipe
xi) custom intercooler
We call it IMF (international monetary fund ) because the main reason was to keep the budget low
At this time as we speak the motor produces around 450hp with 42kg torque on 0.85bar
Turbo situations in Kseries engine is a different level. Go for it !!!