Turbo or Supercharger?

David Fox

Advanced Member
Right guys, there may already be a thread on this but with my impending Iraq deployment (6 weeks and counting :shock: ) I haven't really got time to search and be on the 'net, having too much quality time with the Teg :lol:

Whats the best option? I have had a look on the CPL Tuning site and they both seem reasonably priced, I'll be able to well afford it on my return from Iraq, plus a few other bits as well (exhaust, manifold etc).

Before I get the opinion of CPL Tuning I would just like to get an opinion from the lads on here, as always I appreciate your input.

Cheers!

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Get header, exhaust, induction and KPro first as otherwise you won't be getting the best out of FI.

David Fox

Advanced Member
milano_chris said:
Get header, exhaust, induction and KPro first as otherwise you won't be getting the best out of FI.
Just spoke to Guy at CPL Tuning and which ever you get will be K-pro'd ready.

I already have the Gruppe M on, but if i went for the Turbo i would have to give that up as the Turbo comes with its own.

For a couple more hundred quid, he said he'll put the Jackson manifold on as well which suits the Supercharger.

So far its the supercharger, its within the budget and in the long term it looks a better deal, the only thing that will wear out quicker is the clutch, but Ive already worked a kevlar one into the budget so its looking peachy so far!

Just got to make sure I come back from Iraq!

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
The basic Jackson kit comes with the K100 reflash does it not, and not the KPro? Your Gruppe M will work fine with the JRSC.

I'm not sure what exhaust works better with it though.

Looking as your location I'd recomend you speak to System R instead of CPL. There's a major difference in terms of how far away they are from you :lol:

System R is in Warrington.

truffs

Jackson superchargers also wear down the internals of the engine approximately 50% quicker as well, as a member on this forum found out when he had his engine stripped for an 'upgrade'.

Zero7

Advanced Member
With Cams, Toda exhaust and manfold, GruppeM and KPro, I think that is the maximum I would want out of the front wheels, keep it N/A and if you really have money to burn then stick in the Toda stoker kit.

webbie

Advanced Member
yea keep it na .....

if mr honda intended it to be forced induction it would have been

im well happy with my set up I have fast as fck
no need for forced induction I reckon it would be too much !

gregb

Advanced Member
webbie said:
yea keep it na .....

Indeed :xvtec:

Ruins the typeR theme adding on such items imo.
Maybe a change in car may suit :?:

Jayk

Advanced Member
looked at n/a and supercharger, ive never been an FI man but this time i am going to supercharge the dc5.

the kat (henry) in scotland is another good person to contact.

David Fox

Advanced Member
gregb said:
webbie said:
yea keep it na .....

I know what you mean greg, but its a long way off yet so my decision isn't final, I may go another path and change the manifold, exhaust and K-Pro the beast, and buy a motorbike with the rest of my saved cash, or an expensive hooker for my time off after Iraq! 8) :lol:

As for changing the car, I don't think that will happen as there is nothing out there IMO that offers better value for money, and looks as stunning as the Teg.

At the moment Im undecided as to what to do to the car, if I go for manifold, exhaust etc, then I will need educating by the wiser people here as what to purchase, K-pro is definitely getting done after these mods.

Thanks for all your help guys :D

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Get Gruppe M, Toda Manifold and cat back, Hondata IMG and K Pro. You'll see 200 BHP at the wheel and the car will be transformed.

Then decide :idea:

Zero7

Advanced Member
milano_chris said:
Get Gruppe M, Toda Manifold and cat back, Hondata IMG and K Pro. You'll see 200 BHP at the wheel and the car will be transformed.

Then decide :idea:
Thats what I did but went for the cams too and I'm more than happy :wink:

martin200

Advanced Member
gregb said:
webbie said:
yea keep it na .....

Ruins the typeR theme? People don't say that when you fly past everything on the track :lol: I got stuck to the rear bumper of a Mercedes AMG SL55 thingy last week, dunno how powerful they are, but Mr Singh was not very happy.

If you want my opinion, if you are sticking with standard internals, go Supercharger. If you are forging, go Turbocharger. Any performance upgrade will reduce the lifespan of your engine, whether it be Cams and Higher Rev Limit, or a Turbo/Supercharger. The K20 engine is quite delicate, but if tuned properly and the power output is reasonably conservative, you'll have a lot of fun.

If you live on track, atmo will always be more fun than FI...just for that high RPM noise :D

Zero7

Advanced Member
I doubt it if Mr.Singh was trying the SL55 AMG is a monster of a car, the acceleration once moving is manic!

David Fox

Advanced Member
Zero7 said:
I doubt it if Mr.Singh was trying the SL55 AMG is a monster of a car, the acceleration once moving is manic!
Agreed, Ive seen a Brabus SL at Santa Pod destroy an Ariel Atom on the drag, that was something to see!

Still undecided as what to do yet, nothing will happen to the car until next year, plus the urge for a motorbike is proving strong!