Two Cooling Questions: What Coolant and Hose Replacments

gaza4

Advanced Member
So the story goes that a few months ago my OEM radiator cracked so I replaced it with a Tegiwa rad. Then the other week the top hose had a pin hole lea, I ordered a silicone set from Tegiwa. Plan was to replace the top hose and leave the bottom on the long finger. When i removed the hose the inside was much worse with an inch long tear and was on the verge of complete failure. So now I'm thinking 16 year old car/hose, maybe I should look at the bottom ASAP.

Now I'm gonna be replacing the bottom hose in the next day or two but I'm thinking should I go about replacing all the hoses in the cooling system. I mean if one failed the rest cant be far behind right??? Where is the best place to get the other hoses, aftermarket or OEM?

Also what coolant would you guys recommend. I've been told that the red/pink stuff is better for aluminum so is this the best option

spooke

Advanced Member
Wouldn't think the smaller hoses will be perished, but I don't know what you need to replace them.

Coolant wise check what you have now, mine came with Green coolant so I put in Orange coolant as they mix fine.

gaza4

Advanced Member
spooke said:
Wouldn't think the smaller hoses will be perished, but I don't know what you need to replace them.

Coolant wise check what you have now, mine came with Green coolant so I put in Orange coolant as they mix fine.
i have blue in right now but since i'm probly gonna loose a lot removing the bottom hose i figure it would be the best time to change the system. i've been told that pink is better for aluminium

spooke

Advanced Member
gaza4 said:
i have blue in right now but since i'm probly gonna loose a lot removing the bottom hose i figure it would be the best time to change the system. i've been told that pink is better for aluminium
Just make sure you flush the system if you're going to use Pink, don't know what one is best tbh :p I'm happy with Motul Orange I'm using.

Honda-atr

Advanced Member
I wouldn't worry about replacing the other hoses, never heard that they needed to be replaced.
For coolant I use Motul Inugel but OEM Honda coolant is also good to use. It's all about preferences ;).

Pboll99

Be careful when mixing/changing coolants as some are part and fully synthetic as this can corrode/rot the head gasket. I‘ve seen this happen many times!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk