Two funny noises!

ijlh

Advanced Member
Hello, when I drive with the radio off I can hear a rubbing on the front left wheel. New pads fitted about 1000 miles a go, so it's not them being low. My discs need replacing, I know that. So was wondering whether it could be the discs causing the rubbing?

Second noise, in the high revs, above around 4K, whenever I let off the throttle I get a rattling noise, as soon as I get back on the accelerator, it goes.

Any help would be great, thank you!

spooke

Advanced Member
ijlh said:
Hello, when I drive with the radio off I can hear a rubbing on the front left wheel. New pads fitted about 1000 miles a go, so it's not them being low. My discs need replacing, I know that. So was wondering whether it could be the discs causing the rubbing?

Second noise, in the high revs, above around 4K, whenever I let off the throttle I get a rattling noise, as soon as I get back on the accelerator, it goes.

Any help would be great, thank you!
Spin the wheel with it jacked up, you'll soon tell if it's a bearing or brake disc. Regarding the noise take off the driveshaft heatshield, if that doesn't cure it try the exhaust manifold - all else fails then my car had a similar noise due to the clutch disc springs... new clutch job.

ijlh

Advanced Member
That's what I'm gonna do on the weekend, so I'll see how it goes!

MissMyDC2

Advanced Member
phillll said:
I had the rattling noise and like spooke a new clutch sorted it.
I also had the same. Kind of a hiss/rattle that could be changed with pressing the clutch. When I had my bottom end rebuild we had a look at the clutch and it had plenty of meat left but was old. If its the same issue I would ignore it until you need to change the clutch. I changed mine and it went away but would have been daft not to with the engine out...Unless you have cash to burn. Seem to remember researching the same issue on here and folk had changed the clutch only for the noise to come back again months later..

phillll

Advanced Member
I'm glad I changed mine, it was absolutely battered. And my flywheel was blue! :xaiweb6:

At least it was driven properly in Japan haha.