Two new tyres, now steering wheel is out of alignment?

sh33n

Advanced Member
Just got two new Goodyear F1s fitted last night, which are fantastic, and the grip is immense compared to the old Advans, however:

Now my steering wheel is slightly out of alignment, as in I have to hold it about 5 degrees anti-clockwise to go completely straight, also the car bares a lot to the right when letting go of the wheel.

Why would this suddenly be out, could it be something as simple as tyre pressure?

Cheers.

Suped

Advanced Member
wheel balancing mate. Had this problem ages ago and someone explained in detail about it all. Anyhow, visit a good tire shop to balance the 2 changed wheels and maybe sort out the tracking too. :lol: Though with the tracking, they bring the figures within tolerances, its best to tell them that want the tolerances to be exact or you'll still have to hold the sterring wheel bent for the teg to go in a straight line. :lol:

sh33n

Advanced Member
So basically, get down to system-r for a proper camber alignment setup then!?

Ken A

Advanced Member
NO....no need. Just get the 4 wheel alignment done. I'd always get this done after having new front tyres fitted. fitting new tyres can have this effect for some reason.

Balancing is normally done with new tyres fitted anyway so this will have been done. If you have a wobble through the steering wheel at about 50 - 70mph then it is balancing ( unless you have a joint gone).

sh33n

Advanced Member
They were defo balanced, I saw him do it.

And no juddering through the steering, just the problem I mentioned :oops:

I presume my local tyre place isn't going to have 4 wheel laser alignment though!

dan the man

Advanced Member
some times tires ware funny with the car.

i swap wheels and car steers ahead so different! just how they ware in and how u get used to it.

always good to get alignmenjt checked anyway eh