Tyre Choice!!

The Wheel man

Is there any recomendations on tyre brand? Im looking at buying a dc5 :D and have heard some bad stories on the bridgestomes that they come with. I currently run Toyo T1-R's and they are like glue in the wet and damp but give up when pushed in the dry. Any suggestions?

Tarmac

Advanced Member
I have always used nothing other than Toyo Proxes on my Teg and found them exceptional. I've heard good things about Fuldha Extremo's too though.

neolee40

Advanced Member
Tarmac said:
I have always used nothing other than Toyo Proxes on my Teg and found them exceptional. I've heard good things about Fuldha Extremo's too though.
i'm with you on that one :)

clearout

I've got Bstone Re040's all around and I find them really good in both dry and wet. Not had any twitches as yet. They even managed to keep me moving on a muddy field (the pitfalls of sunday leauge football).

jayxx83

Dont get Fulda Extremos, had a set on my Saxo VTR and they couldnt even harness all 90 of its horses. Wet they were good, in the dry totally unpredicatable breakaway!! Stay away if you value your DC5!! Im gonna try Parada Spec2 when I get my DC5.

kingston

Advanced Member
jayxx83 said:
Dont get Fulda Extremos, had a set on my Saxo VTR and they couldnt even harness all 90 of its horses. Wet they were good, in the dry totally unpredicatable breakaway!! Stay away if you value your DC5!! Im gonna try Parada Spec2 when I get my DC5.
Yeah, i think AndyD had them on his before his outing....

You pay what you get :!:

mikegsi

Staff member
goodyear f1's are too soft, its what i have, i'll be getting potenza's at the next change

mikegsi

Staff member
Suped said:
DP. said:
Goodyear Eagle F1's!!!
hear hear!! :xcheers:
my current road wheels have goodyears on, they're good, but not brilliant, my spare set (for track days next year, will be getting semi slicks on) have potenza 040's on, there's no comparison, the potenza's are much better all round

spo_gen

Advanced Member
Stay away from Kumho Supras.............borderline suicidal. Still have them on mine though :lol:

The Wheel man

Is the RE 01-R the same as the RE 010? I can get the RE010 but havent heard of the RE 01-R? The Re 010 is cheeper that a RE 040 so is this may be an old tread pattern.
I suppose it all comes down to driving style and preference :xhelp:

Very confusing!!

mikegsi

Staff member
ive been told the re010 is a better tyre than the 040, but ive never sampled it, dont think we can get the 010 in standard dc5 wheel size?

whats the difference between the 040 and the 050? this was asked on another thread but never answered

sherv14

Advanced Member
I have toyo proxies - good in the dry, ok in the wet. Not tried anything else and will probably stick with the proxies next time round.