tyre pressure

DC5RLY

Advanced Member
Having changed from 215/45 17r to 225/45 17r and I'm just after the correct pressure to run

I had 32psi fronts and 34psi rears in the previous tyres however with the amount or wear on them i don't think it would have made much difference if i was over or under recommneded.

Anyone on 225/45s recommned psi ?

cheers

Pete

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I'd go 32 front, 30 rear. Why did you run more pressure on the rear before? You're supposed to run more on the front as that's where the engine is.

DC5RLY

Advanced Member
Thanks for the reply.

My mistake, 34 at front and 32 at rear :)

Feels like I'm not putting enough in at 32/30 on 225 rubber. New tyres and would like to avoid premature wear.

I've had 33 in all round so far not too hard over bumps. Do you think I'm risking wear with more psi?

I've changed atr sport to ad08r and the difference is unreal. I know atr aren't even close to a performace tyre like yokahoma.

The teg has really come to life! confidence going in hard and holding corners is absoluty phenomenal :)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I run mine 32 all round on the road. Tried 30-33 and it gave a bit of over steer

Max I would do is a 32-34 as any higher would cause premature wear as would be found from running under the oem recommended pressure.

225 isn't really that diff to a 215 so run the same as you would and you'll be fine

DC5RLY

Advanced Member
Thanks Carl :)

I'll try them on 32 all round. I did get some over steer with previous tyres.

I noticed when taking the tyres off, the inner edge of the fronts have badly scrubbed almost to a bald spot!

Not sure if this means camber or toe is set too aggressive. Unfortunately I didn't get anything with the frsu when done to show how it's been setup.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Thanks Carl :)

I'll try them on 32 all round. I did get some over steer with previous tyres.

I noticed when taking the tyres off, the inner edge of the fronts have badly scrubbed almost to a bald spot!

Not sure if this means camber or toe is set too aggressive. Unfortunately I didn't get anything with the frsu when done to show how it's been setup.

I like a bit of lift off over steer as it's controllable and brings back the DC2 feel for me as they are great for it. Could be the geo has been knocked out a bit over time and just needs sorting again, does it drive perfectly straight etc?

DC5RLY

Advanced Member
The frsu was over a year ago now and the roads here are not the best so you're probably right about geo.

There's a small amount of pull to one side but it's hardly noticeable.

Noticed some people use a rack raiser not sure if that could be the issue? I doubt the drop is more than 15-20mm on coilovers.

I'm going to ask for a printout on the new setup for future reference.